Wednesday, July 16, 2014

And Breathe...Just Breathe

"C. fell down the steps. He might need stitches."

Yep, I got that call yesterday afternoon as I was doing my daily lunch break walk.

I made it home in record time, ignoring the panic filling my chest. Have you ever seen a home improvement show where they use spray insulation? It's sprayed onto the walls of the attic or wherever and as soon as it hits the walls it puffs up? I felt like someone was filling my chest with spray foam.

But I held my shit together.

And C. ended up with some surgical glue, steri-strips and NO STITCHES (thank goodness!).

This is the first time I've had to take a kid to urgent care but this won't be the last, I know it. Shoot, Hubs wants the Guys to play hockey so goodness knows there will be accidents on the ice.

At least one of us took a nap on the way home.
The best thing I can say about yesterday is I did manage to get a 1.5 mile walk in before I got the phone call. And instead of eating my way through my house as a reaction to my nerves and panic, I just went about my day eating as normal. Two checks in the Plus Column.

4 comments:

  1. Way to power through a rough day!! And glad things came out as good as possible so to speak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie, glad he is ok (other than the fall!)
    I remember when Devyn was just learning how to walk, I got "the call" from her daycare. I don't remember driving that fast ever in my life, and when I got there, I full on freak out because the freaking paramedics where there and she was strapped to a board (full on neck brace and everything). She tripped over a shaggy piece of carpet and landed head first into a dresser drawer - the metal handle part. So much blood! It was terrifying but she did end up with only like 8 stitches and did far more better with it than I! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad he is okay and no stitches :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, poor little guy. Glad he's okay though!

    ReplyDelete