Monday, July 7, 2014

And Forever in Peace May You Wave

Four day weekends are just the best. I wish I had more of them. I got to hang out with the boys all weekend.

We did the following:

-Swam at the city pool
-Played at the park
-Played in the tiny pool in our backyard
-Walked up to the ice cream shop
-Watched fireworks
-Watched our local city parade
-Had several cookouts

The weekend may not have exhausted the boys (toddlers have boundless energy) but it sure wiped me out.

The weather here was perfect, too. We didn't turn the A/C on until Sunday evening. It was in the mid-70's during the day with no humidity and in the 50's at night. Seriously, it's like Mother Nature was all "Go America!" and celebrated with us.

Aside from all the kid time I had a few victories. First one, I saw a bunch of pictures my mother in law took of us as a family this weekend. For the first time in a long time I didn't look at the pictures and nitpick my appearance. I thought I looked pretty good.

As for the second one, I managed to swim laps on Saturday and Sunday. The outdoor community pool has one lane designated for adult lap swim ONLY. Both days I had the lane to myself for most of my swim. I swam fifty laps on Sunday which felt great. I looked up how many laps equal a mile and realized I was just fifteen laps shy of a mile. I'll get there before the end of the summer, for sure!

I guess a third one, I didn't let my eating get out of control this weekend. Yes, I had the occasional treat (frozen yogurt yum!). But we walked two miles round trip to get the frozen yogurt so I burned some calories doing it. Lucky for me, I'm not a huge fan of cookout sides. I don't really like potato salad or pasta salad or coleslaw (not into mayo at all) so I didn't get carried away at any of the parties we went to. I was pretty impressed by that.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend, too.

And now, back to the grindstone!

9 comments:

  1. Love that you liked the pictures that were taken of you :) I am envious of your dislike of all things mayo...they are hard for me to resist. I did okay though just making sure I took a reasonable portion...still wondering who decided 1/2 cup of potato salad is a serving. Or even crazier the one who decided a 2 inch square brownie is a serving :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Portion sizes are ridiculous. Who only eats one inch of brownie?!? ;)

      Delete
  2. Great weekend all around! I'm anxious to get back in the water myself soon to do laps. Hard to fit it in though! Great job with the food too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much easier to swim when it's hot, that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. Yay for not nitpicking with pictures! I think that is a MAJOR victory to anyone. And go on with your swimming self!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing. It's nice to just say, "hey, nice pic" and let it go.

      Delete
  4. Liking yourself in oicturees is a huge win!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PICTURES! Dude, totally fat-fingered that one. :p

      Delete
    2. Ha, I understood that was pictures! Thanks!

      Delete