Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I Was Walking With My Feet Ten Feet Off of Beale

When things are pretty crappy sometimes all you have to do is lace up your shoes and get the eff out of your house.

And that's what I did.
My splits are all over the place but that's alright. I was moving and just letting my brain blank out.

I run along a cemetery for part of my route. I was thinking about it, thinking how ten years ago I would've been freaked out by running past a cemetery at dusk. Ten years later I am far more aware of the fact that I have a lot more to fear from the living people than I do from the deceased. Not that anything bad happened to me last night. Just that I am more aware of the people around me and what they are doing. The cemetery is the least of my worries.

Hubs and I had taken the boys up to the pool after dinner. We walked there and back to the house and for some reason I felt the need to speed walk both ways. I noticed on my run that my calves bothered me a bit and every now and then I would get a twinge in hips. I'm chalking it up to the earlier walking and playing in the pool.

Maybe things aren't 100% right now. But they certainly feel better. Ah the magic of motion.


5 comments:

  1. I always feel better after a good workout. Lately it has been my swims more than my runs that have helped me mentally. Glad to see that something helped you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at how a short run (or a long one) can turn my day around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always hate to start my workout but love it when I am done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is magic how you can sweat out all those negative emotions some times. I never thought I'd be one of those people who responds to stress with "I need to go for a run" but here we are. I hope things turn more positive with each run ^_~

    ReplyDelete