Tuesday, July 15, 2014

This is the Story of a Girl Who Cried a River and Drowned the Whole World

This is the face of a woman who is barely holding her shit together:
You can't really tell in that picture because I was so excited about getting the front row tickets to The Book of Mormon. But, it's true. Mama is losing it!

A. was scheduled to get tubes in his ears today. I started battling with the doctor's office AND the insurance company last Thursday because they don't show that A. is active on my insurance. I assure, he is. After much back and forth for the last four days I ended up having to reschedule his surgery.

This sucks. The possibility exists the little guy could get ANOTHER ear infection before surgery. The ENT is on vacation next week so we had to push it back TWO WEEKS. Because of the stupid mother effing insurance company.

On top of all that, I already had the added stress of WORRYING about the surgery to begin with. And now it's just been extended for two more weeks.

I could kick someone in the shins.

But, I won't.

Although I really want to.

Instead I will share two fun pictures my own friends have shared with me recently.

This first one was from my friend who sent me this while she was on vacation in Florida. It's nice knowing people are thinking about me even when they are far away.
You should always share your Diet Coke with me. It will make me happy.
And another friend, one I am running the half with in August, shared this with me yesterday:
I'm sure you've seen this before. I'm not big on social media so it's new to me!
I am a personal fan of Rule number 2!




14 comments:

  1. I love how your blog titles are songs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for those first row seats! But boo on the insurance co! I hope he has a good two weeks until he can get in for the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope so, too. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you are having to play the waiting game. BTW- You look Gorgeous in the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting stinks!
      And thank you so much for the compliment!

      Delete
  4. *hugs*

    I'm having a rough week as well, if it makes you feel any better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to say it makes me feel happy that you are having a rough week but I will say it's nice to know you know what I'm going through. Is it Friday yet?
      HUGS right back at ya!

      Delete
  5. Ugh! Insurance companies! Hopefully everything will sort itself out and you won't have any further complications. We don't drink soda anymore but I was looking for my name on Coke bottles at the store the other day. Probably good that I didn't find it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't meant to be!
      Fingers crossed it gets sorted out!

      Delete
  6. (((HUGS))) Hope the doc and the ins can get the $hit together and you can go ahead and get A's surgery.
    Coke really has a brilliant marketing strategy, right?!
    So so so glad you got to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so smart! Thanks for the hugs. I needed them!

      Delete
  7. Rawr. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that additional stress on top of everything else. I've got my fingers crossed it all works out smoothly (no ear infections between now and then!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we can use all the luck we can get.

      Delete