Thursday, July 17, 2014

We Are Never, Ever Getting Back Together

I am breaking up with my scale, at least temporarily.

It's not you, it's me.

I have been working hard with my cardio and my strength training. My eating isn't SPOT on but it's at 80% which is where I intend to be for the rest of my life.

My weight loss has stalled. Puttered out. Given up.

And that frustrates me and makes me mad and makes me want to eat a dozen donuts because eff it, clearly dieting isn't doing shit for me.

I don't want that mentality. I am really enjoying my strength workouts and watching the muscle definition creep out in my arms and legs. I know I am getting stronger because I am lifting more weight.

 I am really enjoying my runs now that I've added cross training in and I can see that all those leg extensions help me be a better runner.

I am going to enjoy my "on it's way to healthy" body. I am going to bask in the post workout glow. I am going to do steps and marching in place during commercial breaks. I am going to eat well.

And if it takes forever for the pounds to fall off, so be it.

I won't be keeping track, at least not that closely.

And now for some morning run pictures. I haven't been on a morning run in ages. I forget how hard it is for me to get moving that first mile. But, get moving I did.
I liked how the rising sun was like a spotlight on this tree.

A community garden! I had no idea this was here. Might see if I can jump on it next season.



11 comments:

  1. I've done the breaking up with the scale thing too. I think I'm just going to back down to only checking every 2 weeks.
    Great job on that early morning run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, every work is crushing my spirit so I'm gonna take a break.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Stupid scale :) It'll be there when you are ready for it, but in the meantime focus on what makes you feel fit and healthy. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I don't plan on scarfing down Big Macs while the scale is put away, either.

      Delete
  3. Love the picture of the spotlighted tree - I think morning are especially beautiful times to walk/run. I completely agree the scale does not tell the whole story. No sense it letting it destroy your enjoyment of all that you are accomplishing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! And I am always surprised that so many other people are out, too!

      Delete
  4. I hear you! I think it's good every once in a while to step away from the scale. It helps to give perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't always think the scale is an accurate reflection of health. Muscle weighs more than fat and sometimes when you are building muscles you are losing inches but not necessarily pounds. Good for you for not giving in to the temptation to emotionally eat, break up with that scale and just have fun with your fitness!!! Love it! And those pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Have fun with fitness sounds like an excellent idea!

      Delete
  6. I'm going to agree with a few other people here I'm sure. The scale can be stupid. And it can do horrible things to your mind. The strength training is most likely having an effect on that number, so yay for you for realizing you needed to take the scale away! That tree picture is awesome. I love finding stuff like that on runs. It makes it feel more worth it ^_~

    ReplyDelete