Tuesday, July 1, 2014

When Summer Burns with Heat/Monthly Recap

And all of a sudden it's July!

Wow, June sucked for me. Check out this awesomeness.





I like how I can clearly see when it got too hot for me to walk during my lunch hour. I don't need to be a hot, sweaty mess for the rest of the work day thankyouverymuch.

Here were my June goals:

1. Walk/Run 75 miles.
Ha. Ha. Ha. I didn't even get in forty-five miles this month. I'm not going to be too hard on myself. I was sick for part of a week and it's been warm here so my lunch walking stopped. I think I'll start walking around the building here instead of outside and just use my pedometer to track the steps. That way at least I'll be moving.

2. Strength train twice a week. TWICE A WEEK, MEG! If you can't find time to lift some weights and do some crunches TWICE A WEEK...well, you can, so just do it.
Ok, how about strength training once a week? I don't know what it is about getting down in the basement to work out. I have managed to do it on most Wednesday evenings but other than that not so much.

3. Lose five pounds.
Again, not so much. I lost some, then gained some back. I lost three pounds. Trying not to be mad at myself.

June was rough.

I am going to be easier on myself when setting up my July goals. Setting myself up for failure is just a stupid idea and will just upset me when I do a monthly recap.

July Goals:
1. Walk/run at least 50 miles.
2. TRACK my strength training at least twice a week. I noticed in July I did more strength training than I logged. I keep forgetting to log my sessions of crunches and push-ups while watching t.v.
3. Lose three pounds.

There. Nothing too crazy, lots of realistic plans. I can do this!

10 comments:

  1. But at least you're out there and working! Good luck with July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's hard not to feel down on myself after kicking butt in May.

      Delete
  2. Idk, I think you did pretty well in June, especially with the heat and sickness! You're gonna crush July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to focus on the positives!

      Delete
  3. I think that sounds like a decent June and some pretty good goals for July :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Hey, it's no triathalon...go you and your tri!

      Delete
  4. You've got some great goals! Maybe I should write mine down too so I actually have something to look forward too instead of just trying to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found writing them down on this blog makes a big difference for me. It helps to have something to go back and compare with.

      Delete