Friday, August 15, 2014

But Tonight I'm Cleaning Out My Closet

Or my basement. One of those things.

Hubs and I have both been working this week so we're doing what we can with the basement when we can do it. Which usually means we're down there tackling the stuff after the Guys go to bed. You know what's fun? Keeping toddlers away from the open basement door because we're trying to get some airflow down there to dry things out. Wait, no, that's not fun.

Here are some pictures of my neighborhood just to give you an idea about how many people were affected by this 100 year rainstorm that blew through.


And now enough about flood waters.

Tomorrow is the Running Between the Vines Half Marathon. Because I was afraid I would get discouraged if I waited until after this race I already signed up for a half marathon in September. Crazy? Maybe.

I have been checking the weather like a crazy person. It should be pretty good. This week has been the BEST weather for running. Tomorrow it's supposed to get a little warmer and a little more humid because why not when I have a half marathon planned? Luckily, it will not be as bad as I anticipated when I first signed up for this. My only goals is to finish. I'll be running with two other women with the same goal at a 2:1 run/walk interval so wish us luck!

And then I leave right from the half to drive to my sister's in-law's cottage for a Girl's Overnight Trip. I doubt I will be drinking much, I never feel like boozing after long runs. But, goodness knows I will be snacking!

Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. OH man bummer about you guys but also your neighbors too. Hope y'all can get everything done and without too much trouble.

    Good luck tomorrow! Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow!! Hope the humidity doesn't affect the race too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I have seen pictures like that all over FB from my friends and family. It's really unreal...I can remember some bad flash floods, but never anything this bad!! I guess it was definitely a once in a lifetime flood. My husband works in the city (as a paramedic) and he said his drive to work Monday night was horrific!

    I hope you are having a GREAT run right now!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete