Thursday, August 21, 2014

Guess Who's Back? Back Again?

I have used excuse after excuse to keep me from running in the mornings. Shoot, I used the same excuses to keep me from running at night.

No more, I say. NO MORE!

When my alarm went off at 6:00AM my first instinct was to turn it off. I keep my normal alarm on all the time as a back-up so lately I have been waking up to my running alarm and just shutting it off. I realized that I was only getting an extra half hour of sleep, forty-five minutes max, so I forced myself to get up.

Honestly, I had forgotten how absolutely awesome it feels to run in the morning. That is, how absolutely awesome it feels once the run is done.

I sorta kid.

Between plays and floods and raising toddlers and making new friends LIFE really got in the way of my working out. I used staying up late with my friends as an excuse not to run in the mornings. Not anymore.

Here I am, running again. And it feels good.

Except I desperately need a new pair of shoes. Yay shoe shopping!

6 comments:

  1. Great job! I couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning and I should have tried harder. Ugh. I think I'm going to try to lay my clothes out the night before (next week - when I'm finally back in my room) and see if that will help spur me on. Annnndddd now I'm humming Eminem. :) There are worst things I could be humming though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have days where it's impossible to get out of bed. Your body just needed rest!

      Delete
  2. Yay for you! And minus the whole having to spend money thing, yay for new shoes! I love my Mizunos and Hokas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I have a gift certificate and am hoping for some good sales!

      Delete
  3. Good job! I will have to return to morning runs in September, and ugh I dread that earlier alarm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The earlier alarm is no fun but it's worth it right? Right? ;)

      Delete