Monday, August 11, 2014

Outside the Dawn is Breaking on the Stage That Holds Our Final Destiny


And that's a wrap, folks.

There were some issues. There was some tension and stress. But, overall I had an excellent time during the show and would do it again in a heartbeat. Now, if you had asked me that last Thursday when I was near tears I would tell you not so much. But today, after the dust has settled, I realize how much I love it.

One of my really good friends came to show with her son. He's two so they left midway through the second act and I didn't get to see her. She sent me a message last night that said. "From the moment you opened your mouth and sang your first line you looked so completely at home on stage. Clearly you were meant to be there." Such wonderful words. Love that lady.

So here are some pictures from the last two weekends:

First up, we have a dry run of our death scene. Which would be why we aren't in costume. Tech week was ridiculous and we were all feeling the nerves. We did this run through two hours before the show and I think it really, really helped us. Thank god.


I struck a pose while waiting for the show to open. I was super, super nervous. Which is why you can see in the mirror that everyone else is warming up and I am apparently goofing off. Oops.
  
 This is DV. He played my husband in the show. We struck a rock star pose because he wore a wig that made him look like a member of KISS.

 And this is DM. He was in charge of music and vocals and seriously, there were a couple of times before the shows where I thought I might throw up. He always talked me off the ledge and made me feel like I actually knew how to sing.
 Alright, so that's it for theatre stuff for a while. Next up, a half marathon next weekend. Nothing like jumping right into things, right?

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! Glad that everything went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time and what a wonderful compliment from your friend! Glad you had a great run this weekend! You'll be storming broadway next, perhaps?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful, and I'm so happy for you!!

    Hope you have a GREAT half!!

    ReplyDelete