Friday, August 1, 2014

She Said I Think I'll Go to Boston*


I don't have kids in school or summer vacation or anything like that and still the time is just flying by this summer. My poor sister will be teaching again before she knows it. Not that she doesn't like teaching, let's just say she's been enjoying her summer break.

It's opening night tonight for the show. It's a double cast show so my opening night is technically tomorrow night. I'll  be there tonight to support the cast and try to familiarize myself with the music even more. I'm nervous for them but nowhere near as nervous as I will be tomorrow. Eek.

And now, back to the post, here's what I was up to this month:
And here's what I had planned on being up to at the start of July:

July Goals:
1. Walk/run at least 50 miles.
Not too shabby. I was 1.5 miles away. Which pisses me off. Although I know there were a couple of walks with the boys where I didn't bring my phone and track miles so I'll say I'm right there.
 
2. TRACK my strength training at least twice a week.
Oops. I did really well at the start of the month, but I haven't touched the weights since things got super hectic around here. I'm coming back for you, weights, I promise!

3. Lose three pounds.
As you all know, I broke up with my scale. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning, and then won't weigh myself again until the end of August. A monthly weigh-in works better for me. I will call this one a wash.

I didn't completely suck, which is good. I did screw up my My Fitness Pal streak. I haven't logged all week. Looks like today is as good of a day as any to get back to logging. The good news is I have been so tired and a little bit stressed about this week and the show that I haven't really been eating like crap, I've been too tense to eat crappy food. Ha!

And now onto this month.

August Goals
1. Make it through the Running the Vines Half Marathon in less than three hours.
2. Walk/run at least 60 miles.
3. Lose three pounds.
4. Run at least three times a week.

Now I am off to practice lines and songs. What are you up to this weekend?

*I know this is pushing it, but the post title lyrics are from Boston by AUGUSTana. Yep, my creative juices are FLOWING today.



3 comments:

  1. Bahaha I was just going to say that I just love Augustana and never even made the reference about it being August too. LOL

    Anyways, all in all you had an EXCELLENT month! Break a leg tonight (not literally!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to break a leg! (Am I using that phrasing correctly? I don't want to jinx you!)

    You've done great considering your insane schedule. You're going to kick ass and take names in August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many shows are you performing? Kala, right? You will do great - enjoy!!! Love your exercise tracking chart...I might have to check out that website.

    ReplyDelete