Monday, August 25, 2014

Who Run the World? Girls!

This weekend I participated in my first virtual race for Moms Run This Town. If you're a part of this group, there are chapters all over the country, this was part of the Summer Safari virtual race.

We met up at a trail about twenty minutes away from my house. The weather was great, cloudy, a little muggy but in the 60's. Unfortunately, only two other members were there. I think our leader was expecting at least a dozen. Boo to that.

I got my swag bag and some MRTT socks which was fun. My swag bag was a MRTT lunchbox cooler, my medal, and a pair of flip flops. Yay!

We ran a 5K in just over forty minutes which was great. The pace was nice, the conversation was great and the trail was awesome.

I can honestly say my second group run with people I don't know went off really, really well. Our group has grown enough that they meet up every Saturday at 9:00AM to run together so I might do that when I have the time.

That was all the running I got in this weekend. Had a work picnic on Saturday afternoon. The Guys loved it and ran their hearts out. They did not nap in the car like we had hoped. We had a date night planned for Saturday evening so my sis and bro-in-law came over to watch them around six. Hubs and I went to dinner, got back to the house and put the boys to bed (my sis is pregnant so we brought her ice cream) then went out...to the store to buy a bike. Yep, that's how we roll.

Got a nice bike, I just want one I can use to tow the Guys around in a trailer and use to ride to my sister's or the library. I'm excited about it.

Then we played euchre with my sis and bro-in-law and watched the Detroit Tigers squeak out a win. Whew.

Sunday was more running around for a birthday lunch for Sis and a BBQ with friends. The Guys were wiped from the long weekend and conked out at 8:30PM without a fuss.

I was ready to go to bed then, too!

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. yay MRTT!!!! I'm a member of my local chapter here (although I've only done two group runs with them so far.) The group here is great, lots of support for newbies (which I still consider myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome weekend! We have MRTT here too but I have yet to meet anyone from it. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete