Thursday, September 25, 2014

Face to Face, Out in the Heat, Hanging Tough, Staying Hungry

It is only Thursday and after my walk on lunch today I will have already met my Monday Mini-Goal of walking/running 12 miles this week.

Drops the mic and walks away.

Ha, not really.

Knowing I had this goal set up on Monday really got me motivated to get my miles in. I haven't run, something about getting up in the early AM lately has been tough, but I have walked on my lunch every day and walked in the evening. Last night, Hubs and the Guys and I all walked up to Trader Joe's to pick up some essentials for the boys like milk, eggies, and booberries. A. loves him some booberries.

It is .92 miles to Trader Joe's from our house.

The Map My Run app on my Android tends to suck my battery so instead of pausing it on an out and back trip like this one, I just save the info and then start a new workout for the walk back. Even then my oldish Android hates Map My run so I have run into some issues like my phone randomly shutting off in the middle of my walks. Sigh.

I did get this fun picture from yesterday's walk.
Praying mantis, right? It was big and if I was braver I would've but something next to it for comparison. But, I'm not that brave. In fact, I kept imaging it jumping at me while I was taking the picture.

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, I screamed like a little girl on my last run because I saw a spider the size of a quarter. You better believe my pace picked up! I was so scared it was going to jump on me!

    ReplyDelete