Friday, September 19, 2014

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

I run my September Race O' The Month this weekend. I'm excited about it. Mostly I am super excited that I switched from the Half Marathon to the 5K. What a relief!

My Moms Run This Town chapter will be meeting up before the race for a big group picture.  A lot of the women are running the 5K so hopefully I'll have someone to run with. The race is the Women Run the D Half Marathon and 5K. It's a woman-centric race which I always like. This is the half marathon that beat my butt last year and got me started running again. I am thankful for that.

I checked out the weather and it's supposed to be stormy and in the 60's. This made me think...I have been SUPER lucky when it comes to race day weather for about 95% of my races. I ran in some super cold temps and through one snowstorm but for the most part it has ALWAYS been perfect weather. I guess that trend had to stop eventually. Here's hoping it at least stays dry!

I have my October race all set, the last in the Thirsty Three series that I started back in May. This one is a 10K and the finishers get hard cider, yum! It's been a fun series, but after doing these races I realize that this particular company really, really likes hilly courses. And, surprise surprise, I really, really DISLIKE hilly courses. At least I know this now and can plan for next year. There was a HUGE turnout for the series, sold out races every time kind of turnout. I enjoyed them because I had a great running partner but I doubt I will do the series next year. Gotta change it up, right?

I've actually been pondering my 2015 goals. I've really enjoyed the one race a month and sticking with 5K's with a few half marathons thrown in there seemed to work. I think I'll aim for a third half marathon next year and aim on training better for any half marathon I run.

And I would love to volunteer for more races. And maybe run in some of the races I volunteered for last year.

I know, it's September, I may be getting ahead of myself here. But, it's fun to ponder.

For now I will focus on a great race on Sunday.

Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have a sad reading the title. :*(

    Oooh great job getting all your races lined up! And good luck with the 5K this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the run was great!!!

    Maybe I'll see you at the Scrumpy. My older son and I are doing the 10k, while my younger son and husband (yes, really!) are doing the 5k. Look for us! I'll be the loud redhead. ;)

    ReplyDelete