Tuesday, September 23, 2014

In Olden Days a Glimpse of Stocking Was Looked On As Something Shocking

Holy crap tap dancing is hard work!

I had my first ever tap class last night. It is by no means a beginner class. It's more like this woman does the choreography for the shows I have been doing and opened up her ADVANCED tap class to a few of us who wanted to try tap dancing for the first time.

There are three grown women and ten teenagers in this class. Guess which ones are the better tappers?

Thankfully the other women in the class are just as clueless as me. I am going to be spending some evenings messing around with You Tube, that is for sure.

It was very intimidating, a touch stressful, and a whole lotta fun.

Class didn't end until 9:40PM. Then I hung out with the ladies in the parking lot so I wasn't home until after ten. This put a bit of a damper on me getting up early for my run this morning. I will adjust and make up for it. No early morning runs on Tuesdays, got it.

6 comments:

  1. Neat! Glad it was fun and a good workout! Who whouldda thunk!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I guess that's why dancers are ridiculously fit!

      Delete
  2. I am not nearly coordinated enough to try something like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither am I! But, it's ok, I'm good at faking it.

      Delete
  3. Me and any kind of dance makes for a really good comedy show, so Super Big Props to you for doing this! Does she offer a beginner class too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Unfortunately, no, so I stand in the back and watch the teenagers blow the dance away and try not to bump into them.

      Delete