Thursday, September 18, 2014

It's Just Another Day For You and Me in Paradise

I'm baaaack!

Woo hoo, right?

I know you missed me. Guess what? I missed you!

I had a wonderful time with my best friend and her husband. I missed my own guys like crazy pants, believe you me. Oh man, you know you miss your kiddos when you gaze longingly at a restaurant high chair.

L. is a pastry chef and had a lovely box of homemade goodies waiting for me at her house. Thankfully I did not eat them all. I did manage to taste everything over the course of my stay but I did not shovel it into my mouth like a starving person. I showed restraint.
Macaron, cheesecakes, flourless tortes, yum!
We did some hiking, some shopping and lots of catching up and visiting. We drove to Burlington, Vermont and checked out the Magic Hat Brewer and the Ben and Jerry's Factory tour so I got to check that state off my State List. Exciting stuff. The Ben and Jerry's stuff kinda stunk. Our tour guide was terrible. Ah well.

I got home last night with just enough time to give the Guys their bath and get some snuggle time in. Hubs and I caught up on a show or two and then I went to bed.

And wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles I got up this morning and went for a run!
I would have had more mileage in there but I sat on my porch for a good five minutes waiting for my Map My Run app to kick in. I need to do something about that.

Oh yeah and while I was sitting on the porch waiting for the app, a raccoon came strolling around the corner. It froze, I made a fun squeak/scream gargling sound and it took off. Eek.

Seriously, setting my alarm for after 6AM made all the difference in the world. I didn't feel like I was dragging myself out of bed, I was pumped and READY to get up. What a difference fifteen minutes makes. So I'm not getting crazy mileage in. Who cares? I'm moving and that's what matters. It's not like I'm training for a marathon here!

I am catching up on my blog reading so if you see comments on your old posts, you'll know why.

Hope everyone's week is going well!


8 comments:

  1. Any movement is good movement! And you are a better woman than I. I would have inhaled that entire box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks! I was tempted, believe me!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh sounds like a wonderful trip! Did the Ben & Jerrys tour at least come with some free samples?!?!
    Great job showing restraint because holy moly that stuff looks GOOD!
    And of course, great job at getting that early am run in. I wish I knew how to get out of bed and do that myself. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah free samples! We got to try a sample that isn't even released, just a possible flavor. It was banana something. Not bad. Not the best, but not bad.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back :) That looks like a box full of deliciousness! When I first read the raccoon story, I read "it" made a scream noise...that made me laugh...a raccoon coming around the corner and screaming when it saw a person :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that made me laugh! Reminded me of that commercial with the forest critters all yelling because one of them was about to be hit by a car.

      Delete