Monday, September 8, 2014

When I Look at the Television I Wanna See Me Staring Right Back at Me

Are you ready for some football?!?!

Yay for the NFL season starting! I have my first official Fantasy Football team. It was a free team, winner gets cookies baked by the team commissioner. Works for me!

I also officially won my first fantasy football game so that's pretty cool. Go Marshawn Lynch!

We had a wicked storm rip through our area on Friday night. A branch fell off our neighbor's tree and onto the power line that leads to our house. We have half power right now, our bedrooms have power, so we're able to keep the fridge running which is good.

We do have to do things like dishes by candlelight:
Laura Ingalls Wilder used Yankee Candles when she did dishes, right?

A lot of people don't have any power at all which means we are on the bottom of the list when it comes to repairs. It's ok, we've got a fridge and a t.v. and the boys' sound machine. The boys can't play in the yard right now which sucks but it's ok. We are OK!

I kicked butt with my mini goals last week.

Last week's Monday's Mini Goals:

1. Drink 100 ounces of water a day. NAILED IT! I kept track of my water with check marks on washi tape on my water cup. Worked out great. Only day I sorta struggled was Friday, but even then I got in my water. Some days I drank an extra cup of water! Woo-hoo!
2. No soda, diet or otherwise, unless it's a special occasion (going out to eat or a party, etc)
NAILED IT! No diet soda for me at all all week long. I even turned down some soda. PLUS, we went out to eat a few times with the whole no power thing and I just got water. YEAH I DID!
 
So now for this week.


Monday's Mini Goals
1. Drink 100 ounces of water a day.
2. Run or walk at least ten miles. This is possible. I like to walk on my lunch when it's nice out and it's supposed to be nice all week. I walk at least a mile so that puts me at five miles. Throw in a handful of runs and I've got this! Keeping it simple.

Any mini goals for the week?


5 comments:

  1. Boom boom! Great job on those mini goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the win on Fantasy Football!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to crush those mini goals! I have to admit the diet soda would have been tough for me. Yay for football being back too! Being a BIlls fan (yeah you can feel sorry for me later..) I love Lynch. I was so sad when they traded him away. Can't wait to hear how you crushed your goals again this week ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini goals...add up to big results...great job! I I am already suffering in my fantasy league...even though Lynch is on my team :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got this! I have always like mini goals better than big goals. Much more manageable

    ReplyDelete