Tuesday, October 14, 2014

And He Carries the Reminders of Every Glove That Laid Him Down

And then all of a sudden I came up with a plan and a goal.

I know I have mentioned before that I had a miserable first marathon experience. Miserable doesn't even begin to describe it. I hated it. I truly hated it.

For the longest time I told myself, never again. Never, ever, ever again. And then I started reading race recaps. And seeing Facebook posts. And a niggling thought appeared where I said, "Hmmm....maybe?"

So I am challenging myself. If I get to a certain weight by December 1st, which is the day registration opens for a VERY popular marathon that sells out in a few days, I will register for the full. I need to get to that weight and be in good condition for training (injury free). If I am at that point I will register and start training. I have a friend who has run this one before and I am going to see if he will run with me. Also, I need to talk to Hubs because marathon training is a commitment with a CAPITAL C. When I trained for my half I did most of my runs during the boys nap time but since I doubt I will be able to get in twenty mile training runs in two hours (ha. ha. ha.) I'll need to shift my schedule around.

And if things don't work out then my secondary goal is to travel out of state for a half marathon. I would love to travel somewhere where I could meet up with some fellow bloggers and maybe run with them. Do you have an easy and flat half marathon near you in the spring months? Maybe we could run it together!

Desiree posted this on our Facebook group and I had to share because this is EXACTLY what goes through my mind before most of my runs:

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good well thought out plan. I can't even begin to imagine training for a marathon. Your back up plan sounds fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have spring half marathons! Also, which full are you considering? The suspense is killing me! Go post on the group page, please :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge. NOLA has the RnR Half sometime in January. They also have a 10k. Route may be erm, flat-ish but I know you may be running down some cobblestone roads in some areas of the French Q depending on where the route takes you. I love your plan and I love your dedication! A whole stinking marathon. Wowza, you ladies are just the bees knees! (And I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE Simon and Garfunkel's "The Boxer")

    ReplyDelete