Tuesday, October 7, 2014

'Cause I've Got Friends in Low Places

If you are not a part of the Stay Away From Tricks and Treats October Challenge group on Facebook then I suggest you join right away. You can email Desiree or Tiina through their blogs and ask to join. You guys, seriously, this group is AWESOME!

I know I have mentioned before that I've lost my urge to run in the mornings. It's funny because looking back, I ran A LOT in the mornings throughout most of the winter, which you would think would be harder than running in the summer and fall. There's just been something lately, mental or physical not really sure, that has prevented me from getting out of bed like I used to.

Last night I posted on the Facebook group that I planned on going for an early morning run. And when my alarm went off this morning I hopped right out of bed and went for a run. It helped knowing that I would be able to share this success with the women in the group and it also helped that if I didn't go for the run I would be sharing a failure with the women in the group. Not that anyone would've judged. I'm sure I would've gotten some virtual pats on the back and "better luck next time". But, I wanted to share my success, not a failure.
Sorry for the crap quality. This was taken in the dark (obviously) as I was walking for my cooldown.
It was a great run. Because I haven't run in the mornings in a while I had to adjust to running in the dark. I need to start wearing my head lamp again. And I know I have mentioned this before but I would feel a million times better if I was running with some pepper spray. Gotta get some ASAP.

3 comments:

  1. You're so awesome! I'm still figuring out a way to get those dang morning workouts done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! If *and when* my knee gets back up to it, I may join you with a morning check-in post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just joined and it's in pending. Can't wait to be a part of this group.
    Just remember that once you get up and out there you've already accomplished something HUGE for your day!
    Great job on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete