Thursday, October 23, 2014

For a Handsome Sturdy Husband Who Builds Handsome Sturdy Walls

My oldest brother got engaged on Sunday! Congrats to K. and A.! Looking forward to some family traveling for their wedding, that is for sure!

I am a working out fool. I seriously feel like having this group of women on Facebook helps keep me motivated more than I have been in a really, really long time. I ran three days this week, which is more consistent running than I have done in a long while. They are awesome and I am looking forward to the continued inspiration.

Went for a walk on my lunch yesterday:
Going for a walk on my lunch. Nothing looks quite as sexy as a long skirt and running shoes.
 And then went for a run this morning:
Taking a picture with a headlamp on can be tough!

I forget how much I love running the mornings until I start doing it again. I was going back through my blog and checking out some posts with my morning runs and man, I really do love it. At least I love it after maybe the first .75 miles.


In thinking ahead as I plan on training through the winter I am scoping out treadmills. I would love one in the basement so I can keep binging on Gilmore Girls running when it's crappy out. Just need to work on Hubs.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck convincing hubs about the treadmill! Surely its justified! :) Great job! I'm so proud of our little group! Consistency is the key and I think having the accountability with everyone is just so awesome!

    You've stumped me again with song titles today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to convince my Fella that we need a treadmill for months now, but no luck yet. It would be so much easier than having to go all the way to the gym on freezing mornings. Hopefully you have more luck than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have guessed that song, but I googled it and I actually know and like the song :) The last couple of times I have walked in the morning I have felt better about it even though it is dark. I think I am just going to suck it up and walk in the dark - it just works better all around. I don't love a treadmill but there is definitely something enticing about getting a workout while watching old tv shows.

    P.S. Don't forget you are a mother now and maybe shouldn't be posting such "sexy" pictures on your blog. Running shoes and long skirts...too hot! Seriously way to not let your that stop you from getting in an extra walk...Go Meg!

    ReplyDelete