Monday, October 13, 2014

Money Talks But it Don't Sing and Dance and It Don't Walk

I did not mess around this weekend. Shoot, even my eating was 90% on par which is always an accomplishment when I am left to my own devices for meals. Hubs had hockey on Friday AND Sunday evening so that was two nights where I was left on my own to eat all of the things. I resisted. Check a mark in the plus column there.

As for activity, I actually set my alarm to get up Saturday morning to go for a run. Crazy, right? I usually let Hubs sleep in on Saturdays since he is drinking has hockey the night before. The guys usually wake up a bit before 8:00AM then chill out in their cribs chatting with each other for at least fifteen minutes which gives me time to get up and make coffee and start my day without two toddlers dangling from my limbs.

Although toddler dangling is quite the workout, let me tell you.

I wanted to get some kind of run in so I set my alarm for 7:30AM. This didn't really give me enough time to get a ton of mileage in but I did get 2.5 miles so not bad.
 And on my run I noticed there was frost on the ground. I sent some cool weather vibes to Desiree. I can send vibes like that now because I am feeling gracious. Talk to me when I'm running through snow and ice and I may not feel as kindly towards our Southern friends.
Sunday we took the Guys to the zoo. We met up with a friend who has a son who is a year older than the boys. It's so fun to watch them interact with other kids. They get on each other's nerves a lot so it's nice to see them peacefully playing with another kid.
I don't know if you can tell, but all three of them are holding hands.
When all was said and done after walking all through the zoo I walked a total of three miles. And Sunday was technically a rest day, so that was awesome.
Sure, it took me three hours to walk three miles.
I felt really good about this weekend. And I expected the scale to reflect as much. HA. HA. HA.

Joke's on me! TOM is rapidly approaching and I am sure that's what it is, but balls to that. Balls to gaining weight for what seems like no reason. I am up 1.6 pounds from last week and I just know I am never, ever, ever going to be below two hundred pounds. NEVER.

(She stomps her feet like Veruca Salt)

I want to wallow in that, but I will not. Because I am not going to let the number on the scale define me!

I got a nice run workout in this morning. If you're in the Stay Away From Tricks and Treats Facebook group you can skip this paragraph because I told this story on there. I woke up this morning when my workout alarm went off  (I have a workout alarm and then a work alarm) and headed out into the living room to get dressed for my run. I opened the front door to check the weather and saw the streets were wet. Boo rain! So I debated with myself. Run? Don't run? Run? Don't run? I finally just gave into the urge to run figuring I would just get wet, it wasn't really thundering or anything, plus it wasn't that cold out. As soon as I got outside I realized it wasn't even raining anymore. Man, I would have been pissed at myself for not running! I'm glad I did. I ran three miles which I think is an awesome way to start my week.

And since it's Monday it's time for...

MONDAY MINI GOALS!

Here are last week's goals:

Monday Mini Goals week of 10/6/14
1. Walk/run at least 20 miles. 21.9 miles heck yeah!
2. Lose 1 pound. Ugh. If only this was GAIN 1 pound I would have destroyed it.
3. Eat more protein. I didn't exactly crush this, but I did become more aware of my protein. I think I had two days where my protein hit over 100 grams. That's my goal so two out of seven isn't too shabby. This week I bought a couple of Greek yogurts and some lowfat cottage cheese I think those will both help me this week.

And here are this week's goals:

Monday Mini Goals week of 10/13/14
1. Walk/run at least 16 miles. I think 20 might be pushing it, but 15 isn't enough especially since I already have six miles under my belt and it's only Monday.

2. Lose 1 pound. 
3. Eat more protein.

7 comments:

  1. It has been chilly here but no frost yet! I hate those unexplained gains - there has been plenty of foot stamping around here on that issue. I haven't been to the zoo all year...that has to change...we have a great free zoo. Love our challenge group :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A free zoo? That is awesome. GO NOW! Think of all the walking you can do! ;)

      Delete
  2. Ugh, TOM gains are never fun. Just push through it and think of how much it will drop after it passes!

    And we've been getting cooler weather here already and I hate it! I am not a cold weather girl and would gladly be hot all year. Stupid winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I love cold weather. I hate snow, but I love the cold. Stupid winter, HA! That made me laugh.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! Don't let the scale crazies get to you, I'm sure that "gain" will disappear after TOM takes a hike.

    Your boys are so super cute! Also this line had me totally laughing out loud at my office (thanks now everyone thinks I'm crazy ^_~) "Although toddler dangling is quite the workout, let me tell you." I can completely relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? A fellow toddler mom can relate for sure!

      Delete
  4. AH I FREAKING LOVE NEIL DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Ok.. glad that's out.

    Hey I think your cold weather vibes worked! It's getting down to 51 tonight!! (But it will be back in the upper 80s by the weekend..) but hey I'll take what I can get!

    Awesome weekend though but sorry that that dreaded witch with a B, Auntie Flo decided to make an appearance. Hopefully she will be gone soon and take that extra lb with her. Glad the boys had a great time at the zoo. Looks like a great time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete