Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Run Fast For Your Mother, Run Fast For Your Father. Run For Your Children, For Your Sisters and Your Brothers

I am telling you, my Stay Away From Tricks and Treats October challenge group is just the BEST! I joined another challenge group and ended up leaving it simply because it didn't exactly mesh with what I am doing. But, this one, man are they ever supportive. I think we should just make a permanent group with all of us because it's so much fun!

I got up this morning to run. 75% of my inspiration for getting up came from my challenge group and 25% of it came from the simple fact that I went to bed early enough that my alarm going off wasn't the worst sound in the world. It wasn't the BEST sound, but it wasn't the worst. I should remember that when I feel the urge to read just one more chapter or play just one more game of solitaire.

I like three mile runs. I think running for at least three miles gives me a nice calorie burn and sets me in motion for a good day.

Today I ran FOUR miles.


Somehow I manged to get out the door faster than normal (see above, getting enough sleep) so I had an extra few minutes to add in some mileage. After that extra few minutes I realized I was super close to a four mile run. I did some mental calculations, cut some time off of my morning routine (who needs shaved legs when they're wearing pants?) and went for four miles.

I run an out and back route, but this time I crossed the street on my back part just to change things up. I will not be doing that again. Apparently, that side of the street has lots more building with alleys between them and alleys creep me the eff out. Nothing good happens in alleys. I watch super hero movies, I know these things.

When all was said and done I finished my run in just over fifty-two minutes.
Headlamp self portrait
Hopefully that run will help my day go in the right direction. Endorphins make people happy, right?

8 comments:

  1. You are awesome and so is this post! Love it! Way to go with that run! I agree 100% to keep the group going even after Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think others would be down for it, too. And thanks I felt pretty awesome!

      Delete
  2. That is amazing!! Great job!! A little extra sleep can really make a difference, trust me, I started off this week sleep deprived and I can tell ;-) Love the headlamp selfie lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap, right? Who knew? Thanks, I think headlamp selfies should be a thing lol

      Delete
  3. You're kind of a rock star :) And I was totally thinking yesterday about how I would love if the challenge group was a permanent thing. Maybe we can throw it out to the other ladies! I think it would help us keep accountable and we can always pick new goals/challenges for each month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make it happen. It's an awesome group!

      Delete
  4. Great job getting out of bed to run :) I have to get back to morning walks...it does set a great tone for the day. Not to mention it is so much more difficult to fit in the exercise as the day progresses. We do have a great challenge group and I would love for it to continue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Headlamp selfie cracks me up!! :)

    GREAT job on the four-miler!! So proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete