Friday, October 31, 2014

Whatever Happened to My Transylvania Twist?

Here is a new rule:

Anytime you get less than six hours of sleep but still manage to get up for a run in the morning you automatically burn three times your normal calories. This happens because you have to work that much harder to just get out of bed.

I went out for some drinks with friends last night. Had one cider and it hit me hard. I didn't have dinner and I was slacking on my water so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

This morning I actually felt hungover and there was a time or two during my three mile run that I thought I would throw up. I did not. But, I felt like it. Stupid cider.

And hey, today is October 31st, which means I survived my Stay Away From Tricks and Treats Challenge. Let's take a quick peek back and see what my goals were:

1. No Halloween candy.
Nailed it! I made Hubs hide the boys candy from our zoo trick or treating to avoid temptation. Oh man, when I eat a Reese's pb cub when I get home it is going to be delicious!

2. Win my Diet Bet (Haven't joined yet but will by Friday)
Another nailed it! Weighed in this morning one pound less than I needed to be. Woo hoo! I still need Hubs to take a full body shot of me so I can submit it but I am super proud of this.

3. Strength training three days a week.
Cue sad trombone. I did alright with strength training and then stopped. Rehearsal has kinda screwed with my regular weight sessions so I will figure out a new schedule.

4. Start back with morning workouts
I would like to thank the amazing women in this Challenge group for the inspiration to do this. Seriously, one of them gets up before 5:00AM to run! If she can do that, then I can certainly get up at 5:45AM. I didn't realize how much I missed morning runs until I started doing them again. And I'm so glad it's back to being a part of my routine!

Happy Halloween! Enjoy your candy and your weekend and be safe!

Just remember:

4 comments:

  1. Shaun of the Dead is one of my all time favorite movies. Love it! I'm so proud of all of us with the challenge! I can't wait to continue on with it! You rocked those goals girl! And I do need to work harder to get that strength stuff in as well so we can focus on that next month maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a freaking rock star! Nailing your goals left and right! I'm still hoping to catch up to all you morning workout people, but it's so hard. And yes, I know how whine-y that sounds. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only did you do great on your challenge goals you were super inspirational/motivational to everyone!! Can't wait to watch you blow away next month's goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! You really did nail it this month! And I totally agree that you get extra bonus points (calories burned) for running the morning after drinking. I find if I have a drink, even just half a glass of wine, I feel yucky the next morning and running is HARD!

    Congrats to you!!!

    ReplyDelete