Monday, October 20, 2014

When You're Sure You've Had Enough of This Life

You know how when you're running and you're really in the zone? The music is perfect, the sun is shining, it's towards the end of your run and you are feeling good? Have you ever been in that place?

I was there yesterday afternoon.

Seriously, look at this lovely bush:

So there I am, shun shining, birds chirping, cool enough weather that I am comfortable in a running jacket and capris. This is good!

And about two seconds after I got there I tripped on a bit of uneven sidewalk and bit it hard.

I mean, phone went flying, scraped knee, trying not to cry bit it.

It was made especially awesome by the fact that our local high school marching band was doing a fundraiser outside a local restaurant and two teenager marching band members were bent over double, laughing at me.

Assholes.

That was how my weekend ended.

I did manage to haul myself up, dust myself off, and continue on my run for another mile bringing that run to a grand total of five miles. I felt good, if a bit sore and embarrassed.

Between that run and my three mile trek around the zoo with the toddlers I'm starting the week with eight miles under my belt. Heck yeah!

Here were last week's Monday's Mini Goals
Monday Mini Goals week of 10/13/14
1. Walk/run at least 16 miles. I think 20 might be pushing it, but 15 isn't enough especially since I already have six miles under my belt and it's only Monday. I did it! 
16.57 mile yay!
2. Lose 1 pound.  I honestly forgot to weigh myself this morning. Case of the Mondays, I suppose.
3. Eat more protein. I definitely did this. I started eating Greek yogurt and low fat cottage cheese for my afternoon snack. Not at the same time, but alternating the two. And I've had lots of other yummy protein.

Not a bad week at all.

And here are this week's goals:

Monday Mini Goals week of 10/20/14
1. Walk/run at least 20 miles.
2. Lose 1 pound.
3. Do two strength workouts.

How was your weekend? Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. The most depressing song ever by REM!!!!

    So so so sorry about the fall and the knee! Owie! But you rocked those mini goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I have definitely bit it like that before. There was one time that I was trail running and I had at least 10 people ask me if I needed help as I was trying to limp back to my car. So embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete