Monday, November 3, 2014

Baby, Baby My Tender Love Will Flow From the Bluest Sky to the Deepest Ocean

After a busy weekend of Halloween on Friday, family get together on Saturday, and my little sister's baby shower on Sunday I am whipped! Whipped, I tell you!

I need a nap.

Before I go curl up under my desk for a little snooze I am going to set my goals for the Get Your Gobbler in Gear challenge group. This is basically the same group of ladies from Stay Away From Tricks and Treats. YAY!
Get Your Gobbler in Gear November Challenge Goals
1. Get below 200 pounds.
2. Complete plank and push-up challenge.
3. No bakery treats until Thanksgiving (no pumpkin pie, donuts, cake, etc).

Doable goals, right? And if you want to join the group you can contact Desiree or Tiina.

Speaking of that, let's break it down to some mini goals. But first, last week's goals:

Monday Mini Goals week of 10/27/14
1. Win my DietBet. I did it! I'm trying to figure out a fun treat I can get myself with my winnings. Maybe check out Ebay for a Fitbit?
2. Walk/run at least 20 miles. So close, 15.6 miles. We had some rainy weather towards the end of the week so it was hard for me to get my walking in at work.
3. Do three STRENGTH WORKOUTS, DAMNIT MEG! Ha. Ha. Ha. Oh man, I don't know why I have such a hard time getting strength workouts in?I know what a difference they make. Focus, Meg, focus!


Monday Mini Goals week of 11/3/14
1. Walk/run twenty miles.
2. Complete one week of plank and push-up challenge.
3. Two strength workouts. I can do it.

Also, a little pat on my back. On Friday, with the bit of walking I did with the boys while I took them trick or treating I ended up with 90.52 miles for the month of October. I am super proud of this, my  highest mileage month this year! I am nowhere near my goal of 1000 miles this year and won't make it, but I am glad I had a kick-ass month.

OK, busy weekend is over. This week I've got some good runs planned, some dance classes to take, and some pie to avoid. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. Oh you've stumped me on the title. Hmm. Seems familiar but can't place it. Will google later.

    Wonderful job getting 90+ miles in! You rocked October! I've got to do better with strength this week too. (Although I think push-ups count too... or they should!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Push-ups certainly count, but I need a little more strength workout than that!

      Delete
  2. You kind of killed it for October! I'm excited for November, but man these push ups and planks are killing me! It hurts to laugh my abs are sore lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was super happy with it. And man, the abs are no joke!

      Delete
  3. You kicked but in October! Now change into November and do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just that you even wrote down "no bakery treats until Thanksgiving" makes you a rock star in my book. We will hold you to it :) My mother-in-law brought over a pumpkin pie yesterday...I haven't even looked at it, but I know it is there waiting in the fridge..yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't know why Id id it to myself. I avoided the cake at my sister's shower so it was a good first step, right?

      Delete
  5. You set some serious goals. No Baked Goods? Are you MAD WOMAN?! Also, that's a serious amount of walking. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete