Monday, November 24, 2014

I Want to Thank You For Your Generosity

Thanksgiving is in three days. Am I the only one mildly freaking out over this?

My family is recovering from a variety of flus, colds, and sinus infections. Funny thing, I got the flu shot but still got the flu, just a milder case. And that's normal. Stupid flu and stupid flu shot.

I haven't had the energy to do much more than lay around my house whimpering. HA! Like that's an option. I did the unthinkable and worked through my sick. The boys seem to be coming out of it with minor relapses mostly related to coughing.

Seriously this whole sick season can suck it. (Say that five times fast)

I did manage to get in a 1.65 mile walk with the dog yesterday. It's actually warm here, back to normal fall temps in the 40's and 50's so it was nice to get outside.


I haven't run in over two weeks. And I have a 10K race on Thanksgiving. I am planning on running tomorrow morning, just two or three miles to see how my legs feel.

I didn't even touch my mini-goals last week. The only thing I have stuck with are my planks and push-ups. Ever tried to plank while weakened by a virus? It's fun, let me tell you.

I've got one goal this week and that's to survive it. We're hosting Thanksgiving, it's my first time doing that, so I am nervous. I'm nervous about my boys with their runny noses and persistent coughs. I'm nervous about running on Thursday. I'm tired. Oh man, am I tired.

But, it's a short week at work. My grocery shopping for the big day is already done. My mom will be over all day, watching football, so I know I can handle things. Plus, she's making her sausage stuffing which is awesome!

I'm gonna be just fine. And if not, there's always wine.

7 comments:

  1. You will be great! I am sorry you and your boys got sick. Cold and flu season really sucks. I have heard it is much worse when you have kids bringing home daycare or school germs. I hope your Thanksgiving run goes great and that you are feeling better. Only 3 days till Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! Seriously, with the cold coming on so quickly here we didn't have a chance to get used to winter temps before illness hit us. Thank goodness we are all recovering!

      Delete
  2. Ug that blows!! I'm sorry that you and your family have been so sick. Don't sweat Thanksgiving dude. If everyone gets fed and nothing catches fire, then it's a success. Run/walk or just walk your 10k. Everything will be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it most certainly blows. and you are absolutely right, I can walk it if need be. I have to remember that!

      Delete
  3. You're going to rock the Thanksgiving hosting :)

    Last week was rough for me too. Need to dig deep and refind my motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOTIVATION WHERE ARE YOU?!?! We will find it!!!

      Delete
  4. I hope you survived Thanksgiving and wi be interested in hearing which 10k you did. Detroit Turkey Trot, maybe? We really need to make a plan to meet up sometime!

    ReplyDelete