Monday, November 17, 2014

She's Making a List and Checkin' It Twice

I didn't run at all last week. I don't regret it. OK, I do regret it but I am not going to beat myself up over it. I thought it was the time change but it turns out TOM also came for a visit which would explain why all of a sudden I was eating M&M's when I don't really like chocolate.

My mileage was complete crap (I can always tell when I am having an off running week because I don't post as much on the blog) but I did manage to stick it out with the push-up and plank challenges. I have never made it this far with a challenge before so I am quite impressed with myself. And yesterday I did a flippin' TWO MINUTE PLANK! TWO WHOLE MINUTES! I wish I had thought to measure myself before these challenges but oh well. Maybe I can measure myself today and go from there.

I got my eating under control about halfway through the week. I went to a baby shower on Sunday and was quite impressed with myself. They had fresh green beans and I loaded up half my plate with those and used the other half for a touch of pasta and a chicken breast. I was all excited about the green beans only when I tasted them they were SALTY. Inedible, even. So bummed.

Here were last week's Mini-Goals:


Monday Mini Goals week of 11/10/14
1. Walk/run twenty-five miles. Nope. Got 12 miles of walking in.
2. Complete another full week of plank and push up challenge. Heck yeah! I am pumped about these!
3. Do ONE strength workout. Nope. I know I should count the planks and push-ups but I can also do better than this.

This week:

Monday Mini Goals week of 11/17/14
1. Walk/run twenty miles.
2. Complete yet another week of planks and push-ups.
3. No fast food.

Doable. Completely doable.

I had a moment, too, not a good one. We had family photos done back in the middle of October and finally got a sneak peak at them. Sadly, my first thought was just how fat I looked. I know I should focus on the boys and how wonderful they are and I really did after a moment of wallowing. It's so hard to be documented in the MIDDLE of a weight loss journey. I know I weigh less than I did at the start of the year. And I will weigh less next year. I just sometimes wish I was at the perfect weight RIGHT NOW.

2 comments:

  1. Totally know what you mean on the pictures. There are times I will feel so thin, and then either catch a glance at myself in the mirror or try to take a progress picture of myself and I look like a whale! (or at least my silly brain says so). It totally bums you out. I am sure you look beautiful in your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't like chocolate? I'm sorry, we can't be friends. ;)

    GREAT job on the plank, and please don't worry about the pictures! Enjoy life RIGHT NOW and appreciate that you were able to have the pictures done to document the changes in your boys AND in you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete