Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dashing Through the Rain on a One Horse Open Sleigh

Things that got me out of bed for my run (in no particular order):

-The lunch pizza party we are having at work. Running = pizza!
-The fact that even if I waited for my second alarm I was really only getting forty extra minutes of sleep, or just over three snoozes.
-It's not snowing yet.
-The rain was only a drizzle.
-Getting to play with my Nike + app.
- Getting in more than half my steps for the day before 7:00AM.

I couldn't find my head lamp this morning which kinda sucked. I am spoiled by being able to glance down at my wrist without hitting the button to light up the display on my Garmin. I am also spoiled by being able to run on streets that aren't as well lit. I had to adjust my route a lot because I wanted to stay where I could actually see the sidewalk. People who run on country roads or roads without street lights, I salute you. I somehow manage to trip in broad daylight so I have no idea how you run in the DARK dark.

Quick question for other users of Nike + for Samsung. How do I take a picture with the outline of a map and mileage displayed? I've seen those pop up (anytime I say pop up I automatically think of Paul Rudd's character in Forgetting Sarah Marshall) ("Pop up. Too much. Pop up. Not enough.") on the occasional blog. I would love to take one, I like the idea of posting my route without actually showing off street names, etc.

3 comments:

  1. LOL, as a fellow klutz I would agree on the running in the dark. We live in a sketch neighborhood so I wouldn't even attempt it anyway. If you want to take a screenshot with a Samsung, you have to push the power button and the home button at the same time. Go enjoy that pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ Yep I was just gonna say about the screen shot too. Big kudos for you for getting at at zero dark 30 to get it done! And pizza... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty good list of reasons. Way to get it done this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete