Monday, December 29, 2014

I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I Know Where I've Been

And just like that Christmas is over.

What a mad dash of a week last week was. Thankfully I was off of work so I managed to do all the Christmas shopping I had failed to do during my show. Somehow Hubs and I managed to get the house cleaned and in order for our Christmas brunch. We fit fifteen people and change into our smallish house. Bellies were full, toddlers were given way too many presents, although if you ask them it was the perfect amount. All in all, it was an excellent holiday.
Check out those presents!

We spent Christmas Eve with Hubs' family and because I wanted to be able to enjoy delicious holiday food I went for a rainy run. Honestly, I was crabbing at Hubs because I was getting stressed out about hanging out with his family and he said, "Hey, you know what, why don't you take your angry mood for a run?" So I did.
It didn't start to really come down until the last mile.

Check out that second mile!

I got a Jawbone UP 24 for Christmas as well as wireless headphones. Gotta love a husband who supports my healthy habits. I had to try out the wireless headphones that day so after the boys were settled and in bed I went out for a Christmas night run.

Some people find solace in large groups of people. I am not one of those people. I recharge by being alone. And getting in three miles with nothing but me and my tunes and some sparkly Christmas lights was the perfect way for me to recover from the holiday festivities.

My wireless headphones are awesome. I can even receive calls on them which would be great if more people called me. But the sound is good. I can run with only one ear bud in without worrying about the unused ear bud getting tangled.

I was in the running zone this week.  I don't know if it was the new gear or what, but I ran a whole bunch this week. In fact, I ran four miles with every mile being below 12 min/mile which is FAST for me.
I haven't had splits like that in ages!
I feel like this is bragging, but you know what, screw it I am going to brag. I am down five pounds this month. I gained a bunch in November so I am only two pounds down comparatively, but I am DOWN!
Got the Jawbone Christmas day and have managed over 10,000 steps every single day since then. Woo hoo!
I didn't get up for a run this morning, the Guys had their two year well child visit. Both are in excellent health and growing like weeds. I used the Baby Center height predictor and holy crap, I may end up with two boys over six feet tall. Yeesh. So I will go for a run tonight. I'm taking tomorrow off even though it is my usual run day because I am running my last race of 2014 on New Year's Eve. After I finish that one I will have officially run at least one race every month this year. Look for a recap post on that jazz sometime this week.

2015 is fast approaching. I've got plans and I'm sure you do. I can't wait to read everyone's yearly recap and upcoming goal posts. We've got this!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh sounds like an awesome Christmas for sure! Glad Santa was good to the boys and to you also! Great job with those runs! Gonna start calling you Swifty Meg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely!! And all that running.. good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your title the lyrics to Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again?" If so, I approve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great run!! And you brag all you want! I would love to say I lost 5 pounds in December!!!

    ReplyDelete