Tuesday, December 2, 2014

May Your Days Be Merry and Bright

My word, Lazy Meg is strong. The lazy force is strong in that one. My alarm went off at 5:45AM and I got up and shut it off and got back in bed. And then I spent fifteen minutes debating the merits of a run until finally I just got up and got ready.

Of course because of my laziness debating I had less time than usual so I only got a 2.35 mile run in. And as I type that I realize it's not ONLY, it's HELL YEAH I got a 2.35 mile run in when I could have been sleeping. That makes me feel better.

It was cold enough that I got to try out my new Brooks hat. It's a light blue one with a hole for my ponytail which I appreciate. Man did that ever keep my head warm. I highly recommend this. It's also super lightweight AND not too tight so bonus! It's this one.

I posted the tricep dips challenge we're doing but here is the other one:
Day One went pretty well except doing sit ups makes my butt hurt. Who knew? I think it was because I was doing them in jeans. We'll see if they are any easier today. I did them on the puzzle pad we use for the boys in their corner of the living room. I can't imagine doing sit ups on the hardwood, ouch!

And I am also doing this challenge, which isn't really a challenge, more of a reminder. I printed out this picture and posted it on my fridge.
Like an Advent calendar except with fitness. For each day of intentional exercise I mark the day off on the tree.  Check out the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans for more info on it. I love a clever name so the O'Fitness Tree makes me happy.

So far December is going well. Sure, it's only December 2nd, but it feels like it's going well. I can do this!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome for getting up and running. I love that advent calendar for fitness. Might need to look into something like that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that fun? You should check out that group, if you are on facebook. Lots of tips for workouts and workout gear and even recipes. I enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Oh I like that fitness tree thingy too! Neat! Great job getting it done. I'm finding the squats are making my booty hurt. I'm kinda sore in my quad/butt area. Dips have not quite been too bad.....yet.
    Great job and getting that 2.35 mile run in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for squats making your booty hurt!

      Delete
  3. You got on a 2.35 mile run!! Awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the Fitness Tree...I am printing one now :)

    ReplyDelete