Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Oh the Thinks You Can Think If You're Willing to Try

This will be my last post of 2014. I've got a lot going on on New Year's Eve and doubt I'll have time to post so today will be the day.

I had two goals for 2014:

1. Walk/run 1000 miles.
2. Run a minimum of one race a month for the year.

I didn't make the 1000 mile mark, not by a long shot. I ran and walked a total of 676.04 miles this year. That doesn't include the 5K I am doing tomorrow, so let's just round up for posterity's sake and say I ran 680 miles this year. That is an average of 56 miles a month. In the grand scheme of things, it's not too shabby at all.

With tomorrow's 5K I will have run at least one race a month this year, sometimes two. Here are some pictures and bits and bobs about those races:

*In January of this year my fastest 5K pace was 39:13
It was cold that day. So cold.
*I came in Dead Ass Last for a race.
But really, who would mind a last place finish if they were running with those two cuties?
*I ran a bunch of races by myself.

*My current 5K PR is 36:04, which I got at a race in July.
*I ran two half marathons.
Gotta love layering up before the race!
*I ran two 10K's and PRed my 10K at one of the busiest races in my area, the Detroit Turkey Trot.
*I ran a whole bunch, sometimes when I didn't want to, sometimes when I was really in the mood. I ran! I ran through the snowiest winter in Michigan's history, I ran through rain, I ran through heat. Holy crap, I ran a lot.

And somehow through it all I managed to lose fifteen pounds. I know it's not a lot, but with the ups and downs and not actually trying to lose weight until at least halfway through the year, I am quite proud of those fifteen pounds!

And now for 2015...

Goals for 2015
1. Walk./run 1000 miles.
2. Lose at least fifteen pounds.
3. Walk 10,000 steps a day, everyday.
4. Run a race every month.
5. Run a half marathon outside the state of Michigan.
6. Run a 2:30 half marathon.

There you have it. Nothing too crazy. Now, what are your goals?

Happy New Year! I hope 2014 has been good to you and that 2015 will be even better!

8 comments:

  1. Happy new year!! I'd say you have a LOT to be proud of this year! Looking forward to next year and seeing what you can do. Maybe I'll actually get to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very attainable goals! I'm thinking long and hard about the 10,000 steps a day thing too. I hate to give my lazy pj Sundays up so I may think about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10,000 steps on all the Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays would be a great accomplishment too :)

      Delete
  3. You had a wonderful year and I know you'll rock it next year. If you want an out of state half, I think you should come do the Shamrock Run Half with me in March. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come run a half marathon in St. Louis! You'll have a buddy or at least a cheering squad. I'm sure I can convince Anna, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing year! 680 miles is nothing to sniff at. Seriously! I've added the steps tracking into my routine as well. I think it's a great way to kinda up the fitness ante. What half's are you looking at this year? You're gonna crush 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am super impressed with your race a month goal (and success!). If I am back to racing this year (I will know by April) I am going to give it a try for the remainder of the year. Both my husband and Millie have medals and I want one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete