Friday, December 5, 2014

Thumpety Thump Thump Thumpety Thump Thump Look at Frosty Go

These boots were made for walking. By these boots, I mean the boots I wore yesterday when I clocked in at over 13,000 steps.
Competitive Meg says, "I CAN DO MORE THAN THAT!"
Yes, I got a good chunk of those with my morning run, but I also walked on my lunch and did a little extra walking in my day to day stuff, like parking further away than normal, etc. I've never really tracked my steps before so this made me happy.

I just used the app on my phone. I am getting a Jawbone for Christmas-

Me: Hey honey, would it be OK if I asked for something specific for Christmas?
J: Sure. What do you want?
Me: A Jawbone.
J: OK. Can I ask for a Piranis (local hockey store) gift certificate?
Me: Sure!

Marriage is awesome!

-So I am getting a Jawbone which should be a lot more accurate. Until then I will assume that my steps are closeish! With all the walking around my house and such that I didn't record on my Garmin the app had me traveling .50 miles more than I ran so it's not totally off.

It's Friday! I have a weekend full of family and fun planned. First, we have relatives coming in from out of state, my brother and his family. It'll be wonderful to see them. And then on Sunday, it'll be a friend's daughter's 2nd birthday party. The boys and I will have fun playing with all her new toys.

At some point in there, on Sunday, between parties and rehearsals I plan on getting a run in. I have a feeling I will be getting up early to run, but since it will still be later than I normally get up I am OK with that. I want to try my Nike Plus app! And the weather is supposed to be great, in the high thirties which is my favorite kind of running weather. Cold enough that I don't overheat but warm enough that I don't have to worry about ice.

All in all hopefully it'll be an awesome weekend. What about you? Anything fun and awesome planned? Sleeping in counts as fun and awesome.

10 comments:

  1. You must have an android phone. I have that same app. :) It's pretty accurate actually.

    Sounds like a really great weekend ahead! I'm planning on finishing my shopping, playing a lot of tennis tomorrow and wrapping presents. And then vegging out and watching some holiday movies and playing a little Dragon Age too. Should be a good weekend especially if I can knock out the shopping that's left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do and I am in love with that app!

      Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. I have heard good things about the jawbone. Group on has good deals ont hem. I have a fitbit and love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have anything on my Christmas list...maybe a Fitbit or Jawbone. Sounds like a fun weekend. I am having dinner with my in-laws tonight, tomorrow is cheerleading/wrestling spectating and Sunday I should probably work on my Christmas shopping list. Not much time for procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right? Christmas is right around the corner.

      Delete
  4. I have a Jawbone and really like it, except that sometimes it's a little too bossy. It gets all up in my biz if I don't have a consistent bedtime, or if I God forbid don't take a bazillion steps a day. It is pretty motivational and makes me move more than I think I would without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that made me laugh. All up in your biz. That damn Jawbone. Glad to hear you like it!

      Delete
  5. So am I the only one who won't comment on the Jawbone, but instead wants to know what hubs is shopping for at Perani's? I love how he is just an overgrown little hockey player at heart. ;) My boys would LOVE Perani's guft cards for Christmas. Jamie wants a new stick...sigh.

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, what a hockey mom! J needs new elbow pads and a new stick so he's collecting his gift certificates. When we first started dating I was SHOCKED at home much equipment is. That's what I get for ending up with a hockey guy.

      Delete