Thursday, December 4, 2014

Voices Singin' Let's Be Jolly, Deck the Halls With Boughs of Holly

There really is nothing like running past houses decorated with Christmas lights. It makes me happy that people leave them on all night so I can see them while I run.

Unfortunately, every time I was passing a cool house I was in the running part of my run/walk so I didn't get any pictures.

Three mile run this morning. I got up a little earlier, but puttered, which made me cut it close when leaving for work. It all worked out and I was just happy to get some mileage in. I added the Nike Plus app to my new phone so I can show off pictures of my impressive route and speed. Of course I forgot to add it until later on in the morning but it's there now.

Also, interesting enough, my phone has a Fitness app that was automatically loaded. I used my phone for Pandora, never turned on the app, but when I got home it had recorded my run. Interesting.

I will walk on my lunch, do my squats, and do my triceps dips. Ab work works best at home when I can lay on a mat and not hurt my butt bone.

I am especially snacky on days when I run in the morning but getting bored with my snacks. Any suggestions? For the record, I do not do protein things like shakes. Ugh, gag me now. I don't know how people do it, all I can taste is the powder. And before you ask me if I have tried this or that...yes, I have. And I can still taste the powder. It needs to be a somewhat portable desk friendly snack. Bring on the tips!

7 comments:

  1. I feel you on protein powder. I drink it but it still tastes powdery to me. I love the decorated houses and feel like I need to take a walk tonight to see all of it now that the rain has let up a bit.

    I have been eating wheat thins at my desk lately, I love them. I also snack on apples, black olives and string cheese. Every once in awhile I will fork over the money for some salami and take that to work with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh wheat thins, what an excellent idea. I haven't had those in a long time.

      I love black olives, just LOVE them! That sounds like an excellent snack.

      Delete
  2. Aww bummer about the shakes. I love them. Plus it satisfies my sweet craving when I can have a blueberry muffin one or a cinnamon roll one.
    Grapes and mandarin oranges, are my go-to snacks. Also bananas and protein bars (how do you do with those?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I read the recipes you post or that Katie from Runs for Cookies posts and I WISH I liked protein powder. Bars aren't that bad but can still be hard for me to choke down. I need to get more fruit. Especially now that cuties are back!

      Delete
  3. I like beef jerky as a good desk snack :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Didn't even think of that, I love jerky!

      Delete
  4. I'm loving all the Christmas lights around. My go to snacks are PB and apple, or a laughing cow cheese with crackers.

    ReplyDelete