Tuesday, January 13, 2015

There Goes My Hero, He's Ordinary

Can I first say thank you so much for the positive words about my run yesterday? I don't often feel very bad ass, and didn't feel particularly bad ass after that run since it was so short, but man you all sure did boost me up. Thank you for that. You are all bad ass, too. And if channeling your Inner Meg (don't channel the one who wants to sit on the couch and eat chips) helps then go ahead and channel her. I guess she's tougher than I thought.

I just registered for my January race. My plan is to run different races than I did last year so instead of the Auto Show Shuffle on Saturday morning I am going to run a Glow run on Saturday evening. It should be fun, a nighttime run with black lights throughout the course. It's actually supposed to be in the high 30's on Saturday which is downright balmy!

I also have a planned race for February. Last year I got sick the night before this race and ended up with a big old DNS by my name which is no fun at all. This year, I am going to kick butt and take names. It helps that the race is on Super Bowl Sunday which means I will get a bit of an extra calorie burn in before all those game time treats.

Today was a rest day. Thank goodness, the Feels Like Temp on my ride into work was -1. Yikes. I know, it is winter in the Midwest, I should be used to this crap. I am not. Sorry. I will continue to whine about it.

8 comments:

  1. High 30s.. Balmy! Ahhhh! You and I have very different opinions on what balmy is LOL I can't wait to hear about your Glow Run Race! I bet those are fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yeah when you're in the north in January you think 30s are warm!

      Delete
  2. I am so over this winter. We have a high predicted on Friday of 52 though and I may freaking wear shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 52 is practically summertime!!!

      Delete
    2. I am not going to wear shorts...but you can believe my buns will be outside...can't wait!!!

      Delete
  3. Quit yer whinin'. Man up, you Michigander. ;)

    I've got three on the schedule Tomorrow. Think I can do it? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I am going to woman up for sure! I'm sure you crushed your three miles today!

      Delete
  4. Love that you are doing different races than last year. Glo run sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete