Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Things'll Go Your Way If You Hold On For One More Day

I had every intention of running this morning. But when my alarm went off I just wanted more sleep. Please. More. Sleep.

So I slept. Sure, forty-five minutes doesn't seem like a lot, but it felt great and I feel good. And I am going to walk and work on my steps and maybe go for a run after the Guys go to bed. And if I don't, I am definitely going for a run tomorrow morning. I will run!

Training for my half marathon starts on Sunday. Woo hoo! Being the nerd that I am I just entered my training plan into my Google calendar so I can access it without having to look it up on the internet every time. This is the first time I am training for time instead of just training to finish. This means some speed work which should be interesting.

I will be cutting back on my walking as I increase my mileage. One of the things my plan stresses is to go easy on your legs on the off days. Which means no super long walks. I will probably stop aiming for 12K steps at the end of this month. It has been fun, don't get me wrong, but I think 10K is just fine. And the 12K steps means I am usually doing extra walking that I won't need to be doing on rest days. Know what I mean?

Anyone else have plans for a spring half marathon or big spring race?

My half marathon is the Martian Half Marathon on April 18, 2015. Look out, half,  here I come!

8 comments:

  1. Ok that half looks and sounds like fun. Martains ftw!

    Sleep is my nemesis lately too. I hate that the older I get, it seems like the less I am able to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I am noticing the same thing. My mom is like a damn hobo and can sleep anywhere/anytime, but apparently I've inherited my dad's light sleeping/insomnia stuff the older I'm getting.

      Delete
  2. I've got my Half Ironman on April 19th! And I feel you about the steps. I stopped aiming for the 10K on days that I swim and cycle. It's too difficult and stressful to be working out for 2 hours and still ahve to go take a walk. I aim for caliroes burned per a day now instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I like the calories burned per day option!

      Delete
  3. Martians! I am not sure I could run for speed in a race like that...I would be a picture taking fool. We haven't been able to get out bed lately for morning walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU CAN DO IT! Yeah, the Martians can be distracting. I volunteered at this race last year, at the 5K and it looked like fun so this year I am in!

      Delete
  4. Very exciting! Good for you for working on speed, I just am not there and don't know that I'll ever be. And get ready for your Jawbone to file divorce papers if you don't take as many steps. The other day it messaged my phone and said "You don't seem to be your high stepping self lately". I mean, seriously?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I would hate for the Jawbone to get mad at me. Ha.

      Delete