Monday, February 9, 2015

Another Turning Point A Fork Stuck In The Road

After giving myself a week of rest, I finally went for a run on Sunday. Part of it was because I was in a foul mood and needed to burn off some anger and part of it was I just really wanted to run.

My plan was to keep it slow and to run for forty minutes or three miles, whichever came first. I had a slight ankle twinge when I started but I think it's the shoes. I tend to wear my crappier shoes in the winter as to not beat up my newer running shoes. Bad idea, since my older shoes are beat up and not supportive at all. Live and learn. Looks like I just have an excuse to buy a new pair of shoes come springtime!

The run felt great and while my anger and bad mood weren't completely burned off, it certainly helped.
On the eating front, I did pretty darn good this past week. I stuck with my meal plan every single day except for Saturday and Sunday. Saturday evening I went out to eat with my sister and two girlfriends. It was a great time catching up with everyone. I had shrimp and a baked potato, well worth every calorie.

And on Sunday, I tried a new "pancake" recipe. I use the quotations because it's one of those no flour recipes. My friend Mary gave me the recipe and I was up with the Guys on Sunday so figured I would give it a shot. It's two eggs, one overripe banana. Smoosh the banana up until it is pretty much liquid, add in the eggs and beat together. Grease a pan with cooking spray and cook thirty seconds or so on each side.
I would say these were more crepe-like than pancake-like. They look pancake-ish, you can tell that from the picture. But the texture was lighter and fluffier than a pancake, more sponge (like scrambled eggs). I didn't love them, but my boys did, so I will keep this one for them. I posted about it on Facebook and another friend recommended a recipe that uses cream cheese instead of banana. I will try that one next week and report back.

I also had a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Fudge Brownie ice cream last night. I have had a hell of a weekend, the kind of thing where we need to open a bottle of wine and I will tell you all about it. And probably cry. One of my truly awesome friends showed up last night with Ben and Jerry's. And then left with it. Now that is a friend. Brings over ice cream, shares a scoop, and then takes it away. 

It's Hubs week to cook. He went through his menu plan and asked me what I could and could not eat, what I wanted to eat, etc. He has already given up on the No Sugar Added thing. He's not buying Ben and Jerry's and bringing it into the house or anything, but his mom did send him home with cookies the other night and he managed to eat those just fine. I don't care, he's supportive of my choice and that's all that matters. And he hides the cookies.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had a bad weekend! I hope things are better, it sounds like you have some pretty great friends and a totally great husband! Those pancakes were "meh". Easy to make and I didn't mind the texture, but the banana thing gets me. Runner's World actually has a savory version that I think I could stomach better, I just can't do an obvious banana thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah way too banana-y for me, too. Try the cream cheese ones my friend posted. Let me know how they are!

      Delete
  2. Boo on the bad week, but well done on the nutrition. It's so hard to stay on point when stress and life gets in the way. You're a freaking rock star though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this week is so good that it makes up for last week. I have been craving pancakes lately, gotta find a good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be worth it to find a tasty one that uses whole wheat flour. These were fine but not really pancakes.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. THANKS!!! ASide from the sickness it is getting better!

      Delete
  5. Hey great job with nutrition! That's the best one to focus on for the fastest way to health!

    Sorry you had a bad weekedn :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I keep telling myself it's 90% nutrition 10% exercise!

      Delete