Thursday, February 12, 2015

Bad Medicine is What I Need

The Stomach Bug got me. It got me hard, Mal.

"Guy killed me, Mal. Killed me with a sword."

I tend to be the least sick one in my family. I don't know if it comes from a somewhat healthy immune system or just the fact that Hubs has asthma so any sort of cold tends to knock him out harder than me. Either way, I am usually the one who makes it through cold and flu season relatively unscathed.

So when I get hit with a bug and take time off work because I am sick then I am SICK.

I feel a bit like...is it Mean Girls? Someone help me out here, but where they talk about one character getting skinny because she had mono? I know someone knows this. I know my people. I feel like that person. Because of being sick I am down a whole pound for my weigh-in this week!

Yay one pound loss! Boo to not being able to walk much further than from my bed to the couch to the bathroom. Which means my streak of at least 10,000 steps a day since January 1st came to an end.

Of course, I was sick and home with the Guys which means I didn't REALLY get to rest up that much. We watched a lot of cartoons. They would play together really well for an hour or two then get scrappy with each other. I did the best I could to mediate, but I had zero energy so the t.v. inevitably came on. Mom win!

My running has been derailed like crazy. My half marathon is a little over two months away and my longest run has been five miles. Balls. I may have to change my goal from a "time goal" to a "finish strong" goal.

Ah well. Maybe I can find an early summer half marathon to use as a time goal.

For now I will focus on drinking some fluids and attempting some soup at lunchtime. Wish me luck and may you stay healthy and make it through whatever is going around right now!

7 comments:

  1. SERENITY QUOTE!!!!!!!!

    Aww, hope that you are feeling better now. (((HUGS))) for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES SERENITY!!!! I always think of that quote when I say anything similar to it. Especially if I am playing a board game and I lose.

      Thanks, I am on my way to feeling better!

      Delete
  2. I thought the mono weight loss quote was Romy and Michelle? 4th quote down: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120032/quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! There is always another race. Your health is mor eimprtant. And I'm sure you can find a new goal race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am hoping to find something that works better for me. Darn sickness!

      Delete
  4. Made me think of this quote - "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight." (Devil Wears Prada). Oh, if only that were true :) Glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete