Friday, February 20, 2015

When I Get Older, Losing My Hair, Many Years From Now

Sometimes you just have to say , "Eh, screw it." and give up on complaining about the shitty weather. Pardon my french, but it is shitty, I'm just calling it like I see it.

Screw it.

Instead of whining and belly aching and laying around eating sugary treats and bemoaning my life blah blah blah I bit the bullet and finally registered for a half marathon in April.

That means I need to get serious about my training and get serious about my eating so my training can be even better.

While I have somewhat given up on my chances of a PR...who am I kidding. I have not given up. I am going to bust ass and make it happen.

This particular race, The Martian Marathon, (I am running the half) has pace groups so I will stick with one and hopefully kick butt. It can happen. I have a good feeling about this.

And since the race is exactly one week after my 35th birthday I will officially move up an age group. I will not let this bother me. Ok, I will let it bother me, but just a tiny bit. I think planning for a rockin' PR for my first ever race in the 35-39 age group seems like a good idea to me.

Eff off winter and snow and ice and negative temperatures! Mama's got a half marathon to train for!

6 comments:

  1. I raced last Saturday (the day after my 35th Bday) and PR!!!! it was a wonderful way to celebrate a new year :) My hubby said it was thanks to the ice cream cake the night before lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear good things about this race! What's your current PR?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's tough when the weather sucks, especially when it feels like it will never end. But it will eventually end, and you will be kicking some ass and PRing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that race sounds like a ton of fun! Is that the one that Katie from Runs for Cookies always posts about? You can do this! GOOO PR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great way of dealing with the winter blahs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to pull on your big girl panties - we could all take a page out of that book!! Go get it!

    ReplyDelete