Tuesday, February 3, 2015

You Are My Candy Girl And You Got Me Wanting You

I have been sidelined by injury.

Balls.

Balls.

Balls.

Yesterday morning, after shoveling snow in the morning and maybe even after my snowy run on Sunday, I was walking around my office at work and I got a sharp, stabbing pain in my right ankle. I couldn't walk on it for about a half hour, then it just went away. What?!?

Dr. Google thinks it might be a tendon issue. Since it went away so quickly I have hopes it is a tendon issue that can resolved with rest, rest, and more rest.

That's what I will do.

I had quad issues last year in the spring and after the hilly, snowy run on Sunday my quad was a bit more tender than the norm. Between the quad and the ankle my body is telling me to slow the eff down. I will listen to you, Body.

I am taking the week off of running. I might walk, depending on how it feels, but if I get any wonkiness at all, I won't walk either. I mean, walk any extra, obviously, I will still do my normal moving around walking.

I think I might look up some pilates videos or some low impact workouts. I know Fitness Blender has some of those so I will look up videos and maybe do some of that tonight. The idea of not working out for the week has me somewhat stressed.

The good news is I had an excellent eating day yesterday!

 Dinner was great, the Tuscan bean soup, was delicious. Hubs even had seconds! And for dessert I had Shredded Wheat with a Truvia packet for sweetness. It was pretty good. I'm actually not a fan of sugary cereals. We never had them growing up, so I am used to Shredded Wheat and Cheerios and Grape Nuts. Note to self: check Grape Nuts for added sugar next time I am at the store.

I have been using MFP to track my food. My only concern is I feel like I am eating a TON of food. I'm within my calorie limits, but it just seems like so much more than I am used to, which has me worried on the weight gain side of things. We will see next Monday.

5 comments:

  1. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0ua0bAam71qg84pq.gif

    Sorry about the injuries! But do rest up. You're doing the right thing by listening to your body. Excellent job with tracking too though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all depends on what you are eating. When I'm eating healthy, I feel like I'm eating a ton, but still fall in my calories limits. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I think Grape Nuts has a bit of sugar in it, can't remember how much. I get super bingey with it so I can't have it in the house. :( And I hear you on the more food, but I find that as long as I stay within my calorie limits I will lose weight, even on days where it's like "Crikey, all I've done is eat today!" I hope that your leg feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get better soon!!
    Ya...tuscan bean soup kinda sounds magical!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny. I had cereal for dessert too. I do a mix of non-sugary cereals (corn flakes, cheerios, puffed wheat, etc.) and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete