Monday, March 23, 2015

And Where Is Harry Truman? He's Dead in the Ground

I grew up listening to Simon and Garfunkel, Steve Miller Band, Neil Diamond, Billy Joel and other similar artists. Last year for Christmas I took my mom and sister to see Billy Joel and the concert was just awesome. It was like he made of list of every song everyone holds near and dear to their hearts and played every single one of them. I don't think I have ever been to a concert that played to the crowd as much as Billy Joel did. It says something that the man was able to sell out the venue without releasing an album in over twenty years.

On Friday night I took my sister and our friend (no Mom, she is still recovering from her knee surgery) to Neil Diamond. And like Billy I felt like he played what he knew the crowd wanted to hear. Unlike Billy, Neil just released an album so there was a lull where he played three or four songs I didn't really care about. Perfect time for the three of us to hit up the merchandise. Oh yes, I most certainly bought myself my first concert tee in a long, long time.

Seriously, his encore was "Cracklin' Rosie", "Sweet Caroline", "Coming to America", "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show".  I mean, it's a greatest hits album right there!

My little A. was still feeling under the weather Saturday morning so I got a bicep workout from carrying him around all morning. He had a high temp in the morning but it came down as the day wore on, thank goodness. Thankfully he wasn't too fussy to take a nap. Hubs took over monitoring the guys and I went for a nine mile run.

You know how you have those awesome days where you run and you are just IN the moment and everything just clicks and you feel fantastic like you could run for days?

This was not one of those runs.

I struggled. I struggled hard. I ran this in loops because I was slightly dehydrated wanted to be able to refill my water bottle and potty if I needed to. I ran 4.5 miles, then stopped at the house for a refill. The last 4.5 miles were rough. I kept mentally breaking down the run into doable sections, like, "ok, you can make it for another mile, etc", but my brain kept coming back to, "You have four more miles to go. Screw this, let's just go home now and take a nap." Damn brain.
My mileage is getting so high I can't even screen shot all the miles. Had to start at mile two.
I didn't have much energy after that run. Saturday was super mellow, just hanging out with the Guys and Hubs. We had plans to watch Iron Man 3, but I was exhausted. I ended up in bed before ten and probably asleep soon after.

Only because I needed to rest up for Sunday. Hubs' birthday is today (Happy birthday, JB!) so yesterday was his day. He got to sleep in and then I picked up bbq for dinner. His dad came over and we went to see:
I'm not saying you HAVE to watch Bob's Burgers, but...No, you know what, I am saying that. It's a cartoon, yes, but it is ultimately a show about a goofy family that really, really loves each other. You know I can't watch dark shows and I am not a fan of most of the popular cartoons, like Family Guy, etc, but this show is awesome. Hubs and I both enjoy it, it is laugh out loud funny.
Zoomed in from left to right, Eugene Mirman, Dan Mintz, Kristen Schaal, John Roberts, H. Jon Benjamin, and show creator Loren Bouchard during the table read
The Bob's Burgers Live show was all of the voice actors. First, they each did a stand-up routine. And then we watched a few clips from upcoming episodes. And then they did a table read for an upcoming episode. And then a Q&A. All of them were brilliant. I love Kristen Schaal. And Dan Mintz, who voices Tina (seriously, watch the damn show, Tina is my spirit animal!) was fabulous. They ended the show with Dan Mintz doing the Tina moan. Which sounds creepy but trust me if you watch the show you get what I am saying.  That brought down the house.

And now I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really fun weekend though! Sorry about the tough run but maybe next one will be better! I've seen Neil about 3 times and he is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to hang in there and conquer the temptation to quit! Sounds like a fantastic weekend...except for your poor little guy...hope he is back to normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill Joel is incredible in concert, and I'm so glad that Neil lived up to expectations. I have never seen him but have heard he puts on a great show! And congrats on the 9 mile run! The important thing is you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oh so strange hubby told the DJ at our wedding that the only song he was not allowed to play was sweet caroline. He has an unnatural hatred for that song!

    ReplyDelete