Friday, March 20, 2015

'Cause I Can Feel You Breathe It's Washing Over Me

I don't believe there is a worse feeling in the world than dealing with a sick kiddo. A. has been sick the last two days and yesterday morning he woke up at 5AM having difficulty breathing.

Hey, you know what's fun? Going to the ER!

Wait, no. Never mind.
Mickey Mouse making everything better
Thankfully, it is croup and not something much, much worse. One breathing treatment, some steroids, and several hours later and we were home.

I took the day off work which I am thankful for. I needed the time with A. to soothe my frazzled nerves. And Hubs stayed home, too. It was nice to have a bonus family day even if we had such a rocky start.

By the time nap time rolled around I was feeling getting some moving in so I followed my training plan and ran for forty-five minutes. The 3.55 miles helped my soul, I truly believe that. All that tension from the morning, the worry, the stress just faded away.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, glad he's feeling better now and here's to a continued recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry and I am glad he is feeling better. Poor guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he's feeling better and you are too after a run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he's okay and feeling better. And proud that you still got out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exercise is so much more than physical! Glad your guy is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor kiddo!! I am glad he is feeling better, but I'm sure that was very scary. I'm glad you had a good run to decompress.

    ReplyDelete