Thursday, March 12, 2015

Just to Be the Man Who Walks a Thousand Miles


The snow is almost all melted. In a few more days, as long as it doesn't rain, the giant puddles taking up large chunks of the sidewalk should also have disappeared. It's spring. OK, it's ALMOST spring!

In the midst of my DST Funk my phone buzzed at me and this popped up:
Well, shoot. Look at that Non-Scale Victory! One million steps, huh? That certainly helped me with my mood.

Sometimes I feel like I am failing as an active person. I miss runs. I eat junk food. I sleep in. And then I get a reminder like this that says, "Hey, you aren't perfect. No one is. But, look at your badassery. Focus on that."

I have walked 500 miles since Christmas Day.

Which of course makes me think of this:

 

You're welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I had to stop everything and listen to the whole song - then several others...love The Proclaimers. One million steps is incredible!! As always you give a great pep talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have that stuck in my head allll day now lol! Congrats on one million steps, that is a BIG DEAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT! WTG with that milestone! Ahh that reminds me of the extras on one of David Tennant's last season of Doctor Who. Which makes me really sad because then I think of his last episode and I get weepy.
    Anyhoo, here it is in case you've never watched it. It is awesome and so is he (and so are you!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9V4Lu_lmxI

    ReplyDelete