I have always like the number three. I am also a fan of numbers divisible by three. But, for the most part three is for me.
Today is March 3rd, or 3/3/15 (a lovely number divisible by three yay) so instead of focusing on the fact that we have been hit with yet another load of winter bullshit I am going to focus on the awesomeness of the double threes.
Fun Random Three Facts*
1. Three is the first odd prime number.
2. Three is the right number for persuasion. See article. If you don't want to read the article, basically this study found that in marketing giving three examples why something is good works best. Four and people start to distrust it.
3. There is a "Rule of Three" in writing that states: The rule of three is a writing
principle that suggests that things that come in threes are inherently
funnier, more satisfying, or more effective than other numbers of
things. The reader or audience of this form of text is also more likely to consume information if it is written in groups of threes.
4. There is a Doctor Who episode called "The Power of Three".
5. Three makes magic more powerful. At least it did on Charmed. Isn't that where you learned all your magical information?
6. If you are Shannen Doherty and you are mean to the creator of your show you will be killed off, even if it means people will wonder what will happen to your sister witches since there are no longer three of you. Spoiler alert: the writers will create a half-sister!
7. In Legend of Zelda, Link searches for the parts of the triforce.
8. In Christianity, the Holy Trinity represents the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. This supposedly comes from the Celtic trinity knot which represents the three stages of womanhood: Maiden, Mother, Crone. Because women are powerful and badass!
9. There is also a Rule of Three in Wicca.It states: whatever energy a person puts out into the world, be it
positive or negative, will be returned to that person three times. Some
subscribe to a variant of this law in which return is not necessarily
I am going to leave it at nine because look, a number divisible by three!
I also ran 3.45 miles this morning in forty-five minutes, further adding to the powerful day today should hopefully turn out to be.
Of course, it could also be a crappy snow-filled day.
But, at least you will have learned something new today!
*I was going to title this Fun Random Threesome Facts just to be funny but figured that would lead a lot of people to this blog who really need information elsewhere.