Monday, March 9, 2015

The Heart is a Bloom

I am a Michigander.

This means I wear shorts when it is 70 degrees outside.

I can tell you where I am from by pointing to the general location on my hand. Thank goodness for a mitten shaped state!

When I say "pop" I am talking about soda.

I wait IN line and go ON line to surf the web.

I carry a purse not a pocketbook.

I take for granted the access we have to very large freshwater lakes.

AND, when it is forty-some degrees you can bet your sweet ass MY sweet ass is outside running. I will dodge puddles all day long if I can get an awesome outdoor run in. And on Saturday, the sun was shining, the wind was only blowing a little bit, and the boys were napping. Long run time!

Eight miles later...

There usually comes a time in my training where I think there is no way I am going to be able to run further than I am currently running. I haven't hit that spot yet. I will let you know when I do. All I know is I ran eight miles on Saturday and I felt GOOD. I know I will be able to rock my half marathon next month. That's right, in just a little over a month I will run my first half marathon of the year. Eek!

5 comments:

  1. 8 miles is so amazing!! You will rock the hell out of that half if you're already at 8 miles! I really admire how consistently you get out and run, you just do it with no excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! 8. Amazing and bad ass you are! (yoda speak..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooo!!!! Nothing quite like a long run on an awesome day. Also, the pop-soda debate aside, it's really funny how many of those things apply to where I'm from as well (Western NY), 70 is totally shorts weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you...you are going to have a great half-marathon!


    ReplyDelete