Wednesday, March 11, 2015

You Are Sunlight and I Moon

Daylight Saving Time has jacked me up. I kid you not, I have been all sorts of weird with my sleep this week. I slept through my running alarm TWICE, yesterday and again today, and that isn't something I do. Sure, sometimes I get up and turn it off, but I don't SLEEP through the damn thing.

I need a nap. I have been saying that all week. I need a nap. I don't nap. I'm not a napper. And yet, a nap sounds really, really good right now.

So I am tired and I am ornery and I have been snacking. Ugh, yesterday it was a Reese's Peanut Butter cup, well two of them. But, just one package. And yes, in the grand scheme of things, it's not so bad. But, I didn't really want it. I just ate it because I could. Or because peanut butter helps me wake up. Or just because. Anyway, I ate the damn thing.


I'm going to count this week as a wash. I will run tomorrow morning. I will get back on my schedule. I will run my scheduled nine miler on Sunday. We're getting down to the "less than a month" away time for my half. I have been spoiled by having a running partner for my two big races last year. Ah well, I'm used to running solo. Maybe I should download a podcast.

And at some point my body will adjust to this stupid time change and I will be a happy camper again.

Until then, someone hide the Snickers.

2 comments:

  1. I have been one tired puppy this week too. I will be happy to have my body adjusted. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have felt so tired even though I am getting enough sleep. DLS is such a crock.

    ReplyDelete