Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Baby I'm Just Gonna Shake, Shake, Shake, Shake, Shake, I Shake It Off/ Weigh-In Wednesday

I had my first post-half marathon run yesterday evening. I loaded two very cranky toddlers (more on that in a bit) into the double stroller and headed out.

It was a challenging run. Not only were my quads a bit sore, but there was a wind advisory going on, so I was running with some pretty impressive gusts of wind. I ended up going 2.25 miles. The splits are so off because on the way home we had to run past a construction site and visit the diggers, and bulldozers, and excavators.

As for my very cranky toddlers, we converted the cribs to toddler beds on Sunday. Only because the Guys have figured out how to climb out of the cribs. Nap time has been brutal, as in, not napping at all. The newness of the freedom of beds has gone to their little toddler brains and made them drunk with power. Thankfully, knock on wood, the past three nights have been pretty good when it comes to going to bed. But, without a nap, the evenings have been a bit rough. Over tired toddlers are complete assholes. Sorry, but it's true.

If you get a second, think sleepy nap time thoughts for the Guys!

As for my weigh-in, well, I haven't been doing these lately. And last week I had a lady doctor appointment and got my actual weight and I was mad. That was what I weighed last year at my regular doctor appointment and I wanted to weigh much, much less than that. Nothing like a little scale inspiration to get me tracking and moving again.

I weighed myself today and I lost TWO POUNDS!

Woo-hoo!

Of course, my current weight is still six pounds higher than my lowest weight. But, I am aware of it, I am focused on what I eat and how I move my body.

I've got this!

12 comments:

  1. Free from their little night/night cages...have fun, mama :) The other day I refused to bike in the wind gusts - you are a super star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should have to stay in them until they leave for college!

      Biking is harder, way harder than running into the wind. I hate biking. You're a stud!

      Delete
  2. Toddlers drunk on power. That quote will not be beatable today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! you think Vader was bad when he turned to the dark side? Not even close! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh my I laughed so hard I just snorted out loud. Toddlers drunk on power! oh my! Here's to a nice, calm and relaxing evening hopefully the wee ones will zonk out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no other way to describe them. Thankfully they fell asleep quicky tonight. Why oh why won't they nap?!?

      Delete
  4. You crack me up! If only they knew how much they would long for the days of naptimes once they get older... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! We also had one break out of the cage (as we affectionately called the crib) and had to transfer to a big boy bed. It will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Drunk with power." Bwa-ha-ha!!!

    Great job on the weigh in!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha I feel you on the toddler thing! Great loss though!

    ReplyDelete