Thursday, April 9, 2015

Say No More, Mon Amour

I went for a run last night. This is huge because a. I don't normally run at night because once the toddlers are fed, bathed, and in bed I am usually exhausted and b. I haven't run in what feels like ages because of Easter Plague '15.

Side note: Yesterday was Rex Manning Day! I love that I was tagged in plenty of Empire Records posts on Facebook. Nothing makes me happy like Empire Records does.  Read this Buzzfeed article about the movie, it pretty much sums up how we all feel about it.

It only makes sense that I would have an awesome run on Rex Manning Day.

I told Hubs as soon as he walked in the door that I was going for a run once the boys were in bed. And sure enough, put them down and ran into my bedroom to change. One of the guys was still making noises as I left but I knew he would settle down.

My plan was to go for a half hour run. I didn't wear my Garmin, just used the Nike+ app on my phone, and my wireless headphones. I felt good, though, really good, so I adjusted my plan to aim for three miles.

I sent Hubs a text so he wouldn't worry when I was later than my planned half hour and kept running. Normally I walk/run but I just felt like doing whatever felt good on this run. I ran a lot more than I walked, but still took some walk breaks. I had fun. I enjoyed myself. Damn, I missed running.

All in all I ended up with 3.10 miles at a 12 min/mile pace.

And thanks for the advice, this weekend I will plan on running a six miler on Saturday and a six miler on Sunday. It is supposed to be lovely and sunny and perfect.

4 comments:

  1. Great job getting out there and getting a good run in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to rock the run! A good run is always nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for a good fun run :) Have a great weekend. I am SO ready for some sunshine in this soggy Midwest!

    ReplyDelete