Friday, April 17, 2015

The Best Things in Life Are Free, But You Can Give Them to the Birds and Bees

I am a terrible fundraiser. It comes from being mostly an introvert. I don't like talking to people, especially strangers, and I certainly don't like ASKING them for something.

I only sold Girl Scout cookies to my immediate family. And even then, I'm pretty sure I didn't see that many. Maybe to my grandparents? Either way, I am terrible at it.

I signed up for a 9K race on Memorial Day that supports  our local star pitcher, Detroit Tigers' Justin Verlander, is putting on this year. As part of the sign up, you are required to get at least $100.00 in donations towards Wins For Warriors, Justin's charity. This is awesome because, come on, who doesn't want to support our local veterans' mental health?

I'm just throwing this link out there if you think, oh heck yeah, I want to support Meg and donate to this awesome charity. Don't feel like you have to! Seriously, don't!

But, if you want to, go ahead and donate. And if you are a local reader you should sign up for this because the finish is at home plate of Comerica Park. You get to finish at home plate! AWESOME SAUCE! And if you are a veteran, or married to a veteran, or the child of a verteran you get to run this race absolutely free! Seriously, I feel like all races should do that!

And that's it for that. Now I am going to get back to my hydrating and not trying to panic for my half marathon tomorrow. At least the weather will be nice!

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great cause! I'll have to talk to Fella to see what he says abotu donating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you in signing up!! And I hope you had a GREAT race this morning!!

    ReplyDelete