Friday, May 1, 2015

Baby When You FInally Get to Love Somebody Guess What? It's Gonna Be Me

April wasn't so bad. I turned 35. I ran a half marathon and got a PR. I didn't lose the weight I wanted to, eh, I still feel pretty good.

It's finally starting to act like spring around here, too, so that is awesome. Awesome all around. YAY MAY!
I had to drop out of my run on Saturday. Family things going on that are stressing me out. The good news: I am not eating my feelings! The bad news: I don't get to run Saturday. Win some and lose some, I suppose.

Thankfully I have another race lined up for Memorial Day. I am running the Wins for Warriors 9K which is just a shade under six miles. The finish line is at home plate where the Detroit Tigers play so, again, awesome! Special thanks to anyone who donated, I met my fundraising goal woo hoo!

I am also volunteering at the Hightail to Ale 5K this month. I like to volunteer for at least one or two races a year. The volunteers I encounter at races are some kinda awesome so I like to give back and spread the love, too.

April showers are supposed to bring May flowers. My favorite flower, the lilac, starts blooming this month. With the crap weather we had all last month there better be some sweet ass flowers!

Hope you rocked your April goals! We're going to crush May!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like May is going to be a good turnaround. Sorry you don't get to run Saturday, but yay for Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love May. It finally starts to warm up and the days are still getting longer. Plus, we have lots of fun things planned. It's going to be a kcikass month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilacs are my favorite flower, too!!

    ReplyDelete