Friday, May 22, 2015

For Purple Mountain Majesties

Five Happy Things

1. I am running the Wins for Warriors 9K on Monday. I needed to fund raise a minimum of $100.00 in order to participate and was able to do so thanks to the generosity of friends. THANK YOU FOR DONATING! The weather is supposed to be great, my running friend will be joining me so I won't be running alone, and it's a race that benefits an awesome cause.

2. My in-laws are taking the boys for a slumber party on Sunday. They're picking them up around 11:00AM. Hubs is going to golfing so once they leave with them I will have the whole house to myself in the middle of the day.  Holy crap! You know what I'm going to do? Clean the shit out of that place!

3. Somewhat related to the first two, Hubs is going to come to the 9K with me on Monday. The finish is at home plate at Comerica Park (home of the Detroit Tigers) so he gets to hang out in the park and watch me. Afterwards we are going to brunch and mama's getting a Bloody Mary. That counts as a vegetable, right?

4. We are having my sister and her family, and one other couple over for a BBQ Saturday evening. Weather is supposed to be perfect and I get to snuggle on my lovely niece.

5. I have my oral surgery on Tuesday. While that isn't a happy thing, I also get a bonus day off. Sure, most of the day will be spent at the dentist's office, but gotta look on the bright side, ride? Anyway, even if it completely sucks at least the damn thing will be taken care of and I can stop worrying about it!

Have a happy Memorial Day weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Love your happy things! My husband is out of town until late afternoon tomorrow. There is something about an empty house occasionally that does a person good...even if they are cleaning :) Hey, on Monday we don't have to eat veggies anymore - ssshhh don't tell anyone I said that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for almost having this dental mess behind you! And I love having an empty house. Fella was really worried the other night when he went out with the boys because he was abandoning me. I finally confessed that I really love the nights that I have the house to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need some time to yourself! Sounds like a great weekend planned (at least until the dentist visit... but hey you'll be getting it over with!)

    I know I clean my house better with no one around. I get too distracted otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your happy things! I also love having the house all to myself in the middle of the day, and Bloody Marys (the spicier, the better)--which totally count as a vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely relish an empty house just once in awhile. There is that one episode of Sex and The City where Carrie talks about SSB (Secret Single Behavior), the things you do when your boyfriend/spouse isn't there. My SSB usually involves pancakes for dinner and Lifetime movies, or alternatively a romantic comedy that I would not DARE admit to watching around anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely relish an empty house just once in awhile. There is that one episode of Sex and The City where Carrie talks about SSB (Secret Single Behavior), the things you do when your boyfriend/spouse isn't there. My SSB usually involves pancakes for dinner and Lifetime movies, or alternatively a romantic comedy that I would not DARE admit to watching around anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha, that's the first thing I do when left alone, too...clean my house! I can't enjoy the solitude in a dirty house. :/

    Hope your run today went great!

    ReplyDelete