Monday, May 18, 2015

Practically Perfect That's My Forte

After a weekend full of hanging with toddlers, cleaning the house, enjoying the early warmth, and just enjoying the family time, I didn't think I would be awake enough to get up for a run this morning. My sister has this quote we throw back and forth to each other, "Mondays are for surviving." Yep, sometimes it takes every effort in the world just to get to work on time on Mondays.

Then there are days like today where I got up early and went for a run AND made it to work on time. Double score!

I am running a 9K on Memorial Day, which comes to just a shade under six miles. I haven't really trained for it, and in fact, my longest runs have been in the three mile distance. I am doing the run with my friend who I ran my two half marathons with last year and we had a blast so hopefully that helps with this one.

With that race looming, and a 5K planned for the following weekend, I know I need to keep my legs moving and get some miles under my belt. Which means a Monday morning run.

It is unseasonably hot and humid here. At 6:00AM the temp was in the 70's. Yeesh. I went for a run in a tank top which is a first for me. I know that sounds dumb, but I've never felt the need to wear a tank top. It actually felt pretty good.

Nothing too crazy with my splits. I love how it probably takes me a good half mile to wake up.
By the time I finished my 2.20 miles I was a sweaty mess.
As much as I hate getting up early on a Monday, I'm super glad I did. There's just something about starting the week off like that! HAPPY MONDAY!

6 comments:

  1. It's definitely not easy to wake up and work out in the morning, but I never regret it. It starts the day off on the right foot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start to your Monday! I completely agree with Tiina - you never regret it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet it's so hard to actually get out of bed.

      Delete
  3. That is so true!! Monday morning runs make you feel like you could conquer the world!

    Great job in getting out there! It was positively miserable! And then this morning it was 40°! What the heck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, how is it so cold right now?!?!

      Delete